• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - updater broken ? (1 Viewer)

mq2 has not yet been fixed, as the dbg patch was super buggy and fubared, so mq2 was unable to be updated properly, so they decided to hold off for today, hoping that dbg would get their patch fixed.

It gets updated when it gets updated...

Remember that RG and the source site depend on volunteers. Some patches take longer then others to sort out, and it is dependent on those volunteers having the time to do what is needed. This is not something anyone can put an ETA down to, it simply takes as long as it takes.

And of course, there some some times that the developers need to test drive their work before releasing it, or there will be more threads about how MQ isn't working right. The more DBG changes stuff, the more MQ developers have to determines what is changed, and how to make MQ work with it, and make it work across multiple platforms/PC configurations.

I usually spend this time sorting out bags, and catching up on TS stuff, along with researching what to do next with my crew (creating a "needed AC aug list for the tanks" or +spell/+heal augs for casters...) along with reviewing macro code with an eye towards ideas on how to do things better. Like better aggro management for mercenaries!

INI:
Sub MercStuff
    /if (!${RDPause} && ${DoMercStance} && ${Mercenary.State.Equal[ACTIVE]} && ${MercStanceTimer}<10) {
        /if (${Me.CombatState.NotEqual[COMBAT]} && ${Mercenary.Class.Name.NotEqual[Warrior]} && ${Mercenary.Stance.NotEqual[Balanced]}) /stance Balanced
        /if (${Mercenary.Stance.NotEqual[Balanced]} && (${Mercenary.Class.Name.Equal[Rogue]} || ${Mercenary.Class.Name.Equal[Wizard]}) && (${Spawn[${MATarget}].PctHPs}>95 || ${Group.Member[${Me.Mercenary.CleanName}].PctAggro}>85)) /stance Balanced
        /if ((${Target.Level}>=${Me.Level}+2 || ${Target.Named} || ${Me.XTarget}>1) && ${MATarget}!=999999 && ${Spawn[${MATarget}].Type.NotEqual[PC]} && ${Mercenary.Stance.NotEqual[Reactive]} && ${Mercenary.Class.Name.Equal[Cleric]}) /stance reactive
        /if (${Mercenary.Stance.NotEqual[Burn]} && (${Mercenary.Class.Name.Equal[Rogue]} || ${Mercenary.Class.Name.Equal[Wizard]}) && ${Spawn[${MATarget}].PctHPs}<95 && ${Group.Member[${Me.Mercenary.CleanName}].PctAggro}<85 && ${MATarget}!=999999 && ${Spawn[${MATarget}].Type.NotEqual[PC]}) /stance Burn

/if (${DoMercAssist} && ${Me.CombatState.Equal[COMBAT]} && ${Mercenary.Stance.NotEqual[Passive]} && ${Mercenary.Class.Name.NotEqual[Cleric]} && ${Spawn[${MATarget}].PctHPs}<${MercEngageHPs} && ${Spawn[${MATarget}].Distance}<${NPCRadius}) /mercassist
        /varset MercStanceTimer 6s
        }
    /if (${DoMercAssist}) {
        /if (!${Defined[MercAssistTimer]}) /call CreateTimer MercAssistTimer
        /if (${Window[MMGW_ManageWnd].Child[MMGW_AssistModeCheckbox].Checked}) /notify MMGW_ManageWnd MMGW_AssistModeCheckbox LeftMouseUp
        /if (${DoMercAssist} && ${Bool[!${MercAssistTimer}]} && ${Me.CombatState.Equal[COMBAT]} && ${Mercenary.Stance.NotEqual[Passive]} && ${Mercenary.Class.Name.NotEqual[Cleric]} && ${Spawn[${MATarget}].PctHPs}<${MercEngageHPs} && ${Spawn[${MATarget}].Distance}<${NPCRadius}) {
            /mercassist
            /varset MercAssistTimer 10s
            }
        }
    /if (!${RDPause} && ${Window[MMGW_ManageWnd].Child[MMGW_SuspendButton].Enabled} && ${Mercenary.State.Equal[DEAD]}) {
        /notify MMGW_ManageWnd MMGW_SuspendButton LeftMouseUp
        /delay 10s ${Mercenary.State.Equal[ACTIVE]}
        }
    /return

This works out well enough for RD, engaging merc's burn mode only when the mob is damaged and their aggro is below a manageable level. While also spawning a merc if it dies. Do folks have a better way of managing merc aggro, or suggestions?

Question - updater broken ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back