• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Unattuning accident (1 Viewer)

Gildon

RedCents
10¢
I had an interesting glitch occur the other day and thought I'd mention it in case someone can actually figure out what occured to reproduce it.

I was doing the sabotage DoD mission (Normal) and the beastlord headband had dropped.

So I zone in my beastlord and as it's loading I get the little popup that everquest has crashed and it's blocking the send to sony info.

So I log in my Shadowknight and FD inside to see if maybe when I log back in I'll zone into the mission or if I died inside.

Sure enough there is the corpse of my beastlord with one of those summoned minions on it.

I run my beastlord back to the mission, leave the corpse inside for now, get bard DA active on my beastlord and zone back in to the mission. Loot the headband and leave the mission, then the SK leaves the mission.

Everyone then quits the mission and I wait the 20 minutes or so for the beastlord corpse to pop. I get rezzed and as I'm looting it asks if I wish to attune my cloak of greater pernicty. I was confused thinking maybe I was wearing a differnet cloak or something and this was just something I had in a bag? I checked the cloak and it had an augment on it so I was definately wearing it. I went ahead and reattuned it to me.

No idea why it got "un-attuned" but I've tried to detail everything that happened. Maybe it will help locate another exploit.

no

the cloak of greater P was changed to an attunalble cloak

you had the cloak on before hand.. and had probably never died since the change

WELL now that you died and were looting your corpse.. it needed to be attunted for it to be worn

SOOOO if you have a Cloak of G P try not to die and keep it unattuned... till you get a nice upgrade 8-)

army

That's exactly what happened. I had the same thing happen on my bard. They did that because all the people that had the cloak on their traders were SUPER pissed when they made the change and locked the item on useless toons.

-CodeCaster

Unattuning accident

Users who are viewing this thread

Back