• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Type 4 Aug Comparison - Reactive or Next Expansion? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,121¢
Hard to summarize in a title but here's the detailed question. If I have the Reactive type 4 aug from the previous expansion, should I replace it with the normal type 4 of the next? For example, I have this:
1674859728302.png

But I can make this:
1674859788674.png

But I can't convert the Phantasmal one to Reactive yet. Which one should I use? Ultimately the question is - does the proc of the old one beat the extra base dps of the new one?

Thanks for the help!

1-2 Damage on a weapon is better than a proc 100%. AFter damage mods, your 1-2 damage can escalate extensively, especially with discs and backstabs and abilities that your characters get. I parse it every expansion just to be sure, but you're looking at <1% damage add by proc and a 4-5% damage increase by adding 1 damage to a weapon.

This changes for casters though, cause weapon damage is basically pointless and caster procs trigger synergy.

Thank you! I'm very glad to hear you have parsing data to back it up rather then just instinct.
Speaking of... Here is the damage breakdown for procs for a TOL planes geared rogue. As you can see, spike of magic is barely relevant. On 1750 swings, you had a total of 20 procs? ffs.

1674889870417.png

#1 Rule of Procs: Yes Procs > No Procs
#2 Rule of Procs: If you can choose damage, pick that instead.

Question - Type 4 Aug Comparison - Reactive or Next Expansion?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back