• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Trying to pull through walls? (1 Viewer)

mckonz

RedCents
110¢
I'm in Shard's landing arena killing alarans for the tear fragments. I'm killing the mobs fast and run out of mobs to kill. My toon then then contin ues to look for more mobs and tries to pull through the walls (hunter mode). Any way to stop that? Thanks

Sounds like this issue:
I'm not familiar with how hunter mode working in KA, but MQ2Nav & KA will sometimes think it can "jump" over a section of missing nav mesh at a dungeon/cave/cliff wall.

No simple setting to fix it. Easiest fix is to try to slightly move your starting camp point to avoid the problem mobs being inside your pull radius. If the mobs on the other side of the wall/cliff are a different height (you can check via the height filter in eq map) then try the z-axis setting in [Pull].

Otherwise, you can either manually edit your nav mesh for that area with no-walk blocks or play around with the pull arc settings in KA11.

Last edited:
hunter mode has gotten a major revamp n Kiss11.010 beta. Will be released tonight.
We are ignoring any previous versins

Does pullertank get those same updates? Because that’s the mode I’m experiencing the “pulling through walls” thing with.

As Sum1 reported I have the puller trying to pull through walls while in Puller tank too. Happens to me frequently in Plane of War only when a mob is extremely close to a wall in the opposite room of my camp. The tank will run into the wall and either stand there or keep changing his direction as he tries to pull.

I think it's an MQ2nav error; it doesn't recognize the wall or something I'm not entirely sure

I have noticed that LOS is returning true when mobs are not in LOS. I had the issue this weekend pulling in morell's at the beach. Was pulling LOS and every now and then the tank would target a mob on the other side of the walls(in the building) and try to pull. LOS through walls is not 100%

I have noticed that LOS is returning true when mobs are not in LOS. I had the issue this weekend pulling in morell's at the beach. Was pulling LOS and every now and then the tank would target a mob on the other side of the walls(in the building) and try to pull. LOS through walls is not 100%

Would this be an EQ error or MQ error? Guessing EQ that’s spilling over into our world.

Really easy place to test is the entrance to Stillmoon Temple. Once you clear the courtyard and the first room your Puller will try to grab the clay sentinels that are down the right side tunnel by running directly at the mob. There is a huge gap between courtyard and that tunnel so it's not like it's a nav tile which bridges the gap. Outdoor zone so maybe line of sight fooling the puller.

Yeah the error seems to be once nav is handed off to MQ2nav or during the "pull length" check. There isn't a path but MQ2Nav thinks it can jump off the mesh if it runs a straight line.

If there was a way to check the reverse path first, basicly from the mob to camp, that might work.

I've seen this happen, and I think its a mix of eq and mq2- if EQ allows us to target off the map, mq2 gets fooled into thinking we have clear LOS- since by traditional methods we wouldnt have been able to acquire a target. Then it proceeds to run directly to target, and bypasses any mesh file loaded,

I dont think there is a way to correct this, other than to plan and set up to avoid this from happening. Group placement, pull radius, etc. Gotta be smarter than the machine.

If its one mob giving you problems, you can adjust your position and pull radius so its not in the blue circle on the map.

Question - Trying to pull through walls?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back