• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Trial of the Eternal Cyclone questions (1 Viewer)

freeferli

RedCents
831¢
I have been trying these trials, and I am stuck on this one.

It is possible that I am just being dense :D.
My tank is CoV geared with crafted armor, and my other characters are DPS geared with cov dropped FTP gear.

I was trying to go by this page, but I do not understand a few things.

The page says you have to put someone up there with him, but it is not clear what class that needs to be.
It does not mention that the boss will reset.
I put a necro up there with him and it killed the pet.

Do I actually need someone up there? I thought that I could dps the ads and then pet attack him once they are killed, then repeat.
Some of the comments suggest that the ads spawn less frequently as you get farther along in the fight.

My tank is CoV geared with crafted armor, and my other characters are DPS geared with cov dropped FTP gear.

The page says you have to put someone up there with him, but it is not clear what class that needs to be.

Do I actually need someone up there? I thought that I could dps the ads and then pet attack him once they are killed, then repeat.
Some of the comments suggest that the ads spawn less frequently as you get farther along in the fight.
Not sure on that bud, will ask some of my friends, will bullshit with yah in game as well

You can put the Necro up top with the names just on the ramp to dot each time he goes active while the rest of the group stays down below tagging all the adds and keeping them cleared. Takes a few cycles but real easy. You all have to get in position fairly quick or it resets also. Don’t need your necro pet engaging at all, the named is permanent rooted and does not summon.

As MrFrog said. Ranged dps him. He's only hittable while all adds are down, but just burn him at the first available opportunity and get the adds down as quick as possible down below.

When this was live it was a bit of a slow grind mission. I've found the dps has jumped enough you can mostly just burn through it. With ranger up top, I can finish this mission in just a couple minutes burning hard the moment I have no adds down below. If that doesn't work for you, a necro has a burn every 5 minutes anyway with anguish chest, so you may as well burn early and just keep at it slow grind style from there.

In short. Kill adds asap. Ranged burn up top when no adds are up. Repeat until you win.

@Avian @MrFrog
Under what conditions does the boss attack the guy upstairs? And under what conditions does he reset the encounter?

Do I just need someone up there and that is all? I was assuming that the character up there had to engage the boss?
When I attack with the pet the boss kills it.

Yes, you must engage him. He is only able to be attacked when all adds down below are killed - Don't send the pet at all. He does not summon and is perma rooted. Just dps him as normal, minus pets. You can DoT him as normal with no risk of harm as long as you are out of melee range.

let me help , a friend and i destroy this event as follows ..1 tank up the ramp at the top ..send 1 healer 1 dps up there if you leave the healer at the top pf the ramp and not on the platform it will heal people below and a tank below with a dps toon .. so depending how beefy your other toons are ..there are a couple of possible plays here A:) if you have 2 tanks ..1 up 1 down ... grab all adds n destroy them if your tank downstairs is super beefy can put 1 dps with him and just faceroll the adds then the extra toon can go upstairs and help kill the boss . B:) if you have ranged dps you can use geometry and get line of sight on both locations and burn both adds and boss cycling them but you will still need to have 2 toons picking up mobs . if you're boxing it with a single group can put the downstairs tank/or super beefy dps on tank mode and just kill adds and whatever you have upstairs to kill the golem ..because running up and down the ramp to the boss is NOT an option and you will keep getting adds and he locks with adds up and most toons can't get to hit the mobs under the platform so they are basicly unable to help each other other then heals ( and you have to position your toons down stair to not be in the cyclone and on the correct side to get heals from the top of the platform ) .. you will need to balance your dps between how much you need to plow through the upstairs mob and how little you can leave down the ramp and kill the adds effectively . hope this helps .

Grimlock Smash !

Start event and do nothing and don't move into the fighting area. Event will reset as he gets mad when nobody engages him. Then move everyone into position except for 1 toon and start event again. Otherwise you have to try and climb that stupid ramp real fast while killing adds on the bottom.

Put ranged classes up top to attack the boss while standing outside his melee range. Nukes, dots, archery all work fine, no pets/melee. Main group stays down below to kill adds as they spawn. Mounts negate the cyclone effect. You can clip through the barrier prior to starting the event and get character into position, just leave 1 character outside so he can trigger the event.

Question - Trial of the Eternal Cyclone questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back