• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Toons memming extra dps (1 Viewer)

foreverandeternity

RedCents
238¢
Since this patch, my toons will cast the dps spells memmed then will mem more of the dps spells I have in the ini, is this something new and is there a way to stop that from happening? I don't want to have to mess with the ini every time I go to start my toons.

Is it something you can make alternate ini files to solve? My wizard default ini is fire stuff, but I also have an ice version with a hotkey to swap to it. If you have the spellset included and =2, they will swap to the new set.

INI:
/mac kissassist ini kissassist_gandalf_ice.ini

IF your INI file has a bunch of spells in it that arent memmed on your spell set, its going to mem whatever the INI needs one at a time, in your misc slot.

The INI file has a spot where you can specify what spell set to use, make sure they match. Then when you start KA, it'll load the correct spell set and you're in business.

So like @eqtrader74 said, if you are a fire wizard, you can have firewizard spell set, and name your INI file something like "kissassist_gandalf_fire.ini"

And you can go crazy and have a different INI for anything really. Fire, Ice, or even any particular mobs that need Lures. Get as creative as you want. Just make sure the spell set is created for each INI file, and the INI file loads the spellset that matches.

INI:
[SpellSet]
LoadSpellSet=1
SpellSetName=FireWiz

/mac kissassist ini kissassist_gandalf_fire.ini

I understand that- but that takes time away from DPS. If you have more spells in the INI than you do spell gem slots, its going to play shuffle half the time.

yeah no need for extra spells int eh dps section. i was saying about having the extra ini files, just use the option instead of saving spellsets on your client.

I've never had this problem before though.. As a mage I have 2 fire nukes in my ini and 1 magic nuke that I never load unless the mobs are really fire resistant. I was wondering if something in the recent update has changed it because I was able to have a ton of stuff in the dps and it wouldn't load them during fights.

Question - Toons memming extra dps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back