• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tired of rebooting (1 Viewer)

dmeyer6743

RedCents
I am running Windows XP 64 edition and I keep logging in with my toons either going super fast or going super slow. I usually just reboot and start EQ then window out and start MQ2, ( I love the MQ2 Map) If anyone has any help on this it would be much appreciated.

The biggest things that slow me down, and for anyone (not just x64 users) are your debug text file, your EQ log file.

If you use logging, or accidently turned it on, and your log file gets over 5000kb, you will get lag from writting to that long of a log file. Go into your logs folder in your EQ directory, and just delete your log file,a nd debug file, it might help.

If your characters are moving too fast or too slow, and you're not using speed hax, it sounds like you're using a dual core machine. Set CPU affinity. Do a search in these forums for "cpu affinity" and "dual core" for more details.

Tired of rebooting

Users who are viewing this thread

Back