• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Tips for spawning Eldrig the Old (bard epic 1.0)? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,519¢
Title says it all. I can not get this bastard to spawn. I have the spawn points on my map, basically the east wall north of the OT zone, but no sign of him. Any help is appreciated.

Depends on the level of your group, but the spawn point thing is a good recommendation. Usually just put someone on the spawn point and highsun everything until that person gets hit. Then park and kill ph.

I used track for my slaughter killing everything but prioritize killing the oldest things to reduce rekilling non-ph until I got a mob on the spawn point.

I followed this advice from EQ Progression. Worked without too much of an issue.

Go to Skyfire Mountains and kill Eldrig the Old. He has two potential spawn points. (+1630, -3900) and (+550, -4090) His PH’s can roam, so you’ll want a character to stand at each of his spawn points while a Bard uses Song of Highsun to send mobs back to their spawn point. Once you have the correct PH’s, kill them until Eldrig spawns. Loot
Chromadrac-Gut-Logo.png
Chromodrac Gut.

Eldrig-the-Old-Map.jpg
Eldrig-the-Old-2.png

I followed this advice from EQ Progression. Worked without too much of an issue.

Go to Skyfire Mountains and kill Eldrig the Old. He has two potential spawn points. (+1630, -3900) and (+550, -4090) His PH’s can roam, so you’ll want a character to stand at each of his spawn points while a Bard uses Song of Highsun to send mobs back to their spawn point. Once you have the correct PH’s, kill them until Eldrig spawns. Loot
Chromadrac-Gut-Logo.png
Chromodrac Gut.

Eldrig-the-Old-Map.jpg
Eldrig-the-Old-2.png

I farmed these 2 spots only. I didn’t have anyone with high sun so that was out. It took time but eventually I got him. Keep at it! And good luck!

Fore keep clear an area, you can use PocketFarm macro, as this mob have so many different PHs.
I got the 4 x Emerald for the epic cleric 1.0 in Skyfire, so the complet epic quest took me 2 days IRL.
If it is located in an area, clear everything, then with myseq, kill the last repoped mob (sort mobs by repop time).
I used this technique for pop the Pegasus who drop levitation cloak in Karana for the Mage epic.

Fore keep clear an area, you can use PocketFarm macro, as this mob have so many different PHs.

I've used farm and pocketfarm and they are both useless. They will target a mob 2000 feet away wth the radius set to 500 and run past dozens of mobs. I usually find the bard on the other end of the zone within minutes. Is there a setting I am missing?

Chromadrac-Gut-Logo.png
Chromodrac Gut.

Eldrig-the-Old-Map.jpg
Eldrig-the-Old-2.png
I also did this, it was when I was still alt tab boxing, had the toons and three mercs, parked one at each spawn and then used the bard high sun song until I got the two PH. I did it while I was working from home, it took me less than one workday, likely more in the 4-6 hour range at most. I also was like only maybe 65 or so when I did it.

Would be a lot easier with some of the MQ2 tools for announcements and the like, but I was doing it old school, I think spawn time is like 22 or 24 minutes so I just set timers to check back and see what aggroed me

I've used farm and pocketfarm and they are both useless. They will target a mob 2000 feet away wth the radius set to 500 and run past dozens of mobs. I usually find the bard on the other end of the zone within minutes. Is there a setting I am missing?
Sounds like you didn't have your ZRadius set correctly.

Question - Tips for spawning Eldrig the Old (bard epic 1.0)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back