• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

The state of Redguides? (1 Viewer)

Crypto

RedCents
Has anyone else noticed that Redguides seems to be changing immensely over the last couple months?

I'm not trying to start any problems, but is it just me or has this site become Macroquest.sourceforge.net ver. II? The amount of good cheats has dwindled to almost nothing as folks are deciding to keep them to themselves.

Heck, even when someone (Say.. me for instance) releases a couple nice strats that nets many players millions of plat, said someone is chastised by many other Redguides users for releasing said strats.

I guess the crux of my question is, is this still a cheat site or are we just dealing in Macros now? I mean, there HAD to be SOME Redguides user that knew Librarian Maelin was giving out free spells. But it was never posted here. Are we slipping or are the strats just being withheld for other reasons?

Crypto

Last edited:
I'm brand new here, and this is my very first post... but reading through the thread, I saw a lot of my own concerns voiced.

Yeah, I tried EQ2. I couldn't stand it, no content. I did the SWG thing and avoided WoW like the plague. I'm an EQ player, dyed in the wool.

I found this site online after a search for good exploit sites, and paid my dues to get in. I was hoping to read about the new tradeskill exploit that went in with the new expansion and is referenced on EQTraders (no, I still don't have a clue what it is) or maybe find a nice, simple, dupe bug that I could use once or twice and get away with.

I was severely disappointed when I went through the forums, and found most of it was macro related. The guides, too, are seriously out of date. I'd happily pay my $5 a month, or $24 a year, for access, if this forum had what it advertised itself to have. After reading this, too, I know I'm not the only one.

I hope you do what you said you were going to, you who said you'd do it yourself if you had to.

At the moment, though, I really don't have much of a reason to keep my subscription. What I've seen here so far is mostly (not all, mind you) common knowledge about current mission exploits.

Anyway, thanks for listening.

I made 500k off the exploit stuff in here last month. I do use mq2 for the maps and stuff but the one that got me all the money was an exploit that used no macros. They were just good ole fasion bugs. Xierra they will pop up from time to time. But if something does get mentioned here or anywhere else it gets "fixed" within a couple days(usually). So yes there is stuff that gets hidden till its run dry. But we should check the other boards and if sonys planing a fix (which they anounce usually) we should post it so others can enjoy b4 it gets nerfed anyways. So check these boards everyday and all of a suden something will pop up and bamm run it till you cant anymore. Oh yea and my toon is now 2k hp more too.

Well, I have a low - no post count at best, bough tthe membership for the tools, an dhaven;t really contributed much. I do believe though that because there is a fee... i.e legally binding cash transaction/agreement between member and redguides. That if an inclussion were made to the membership agreement/forums block that had to be \agreed to during the payment/membership access phase that had a disclaimer about SoE/affiliates/partners/blah blah blah it would put a legal ramification to it based on a law that was passed about internet usage/ethics/etc by Bill Clinton. I know his name was part of the laws name in the end, but I'll be damned if I can recall the law.
I do think many people are WAY to quick to flame. If you think someone has posted something for a second time, say nothing, or simply say "I think this has been posted", if you really feel you need to contribute nothing more then a chastising to someone for mentioning something that may have been previosly mentioned, but got burried in a weeks of new reeases or something. After all, if ya don;t have anything nice to say, why are you talking at all to those trying to contriibute, as this sites WHOLE PURPOSE is stated to be an area to ask, learn, and share, free of the contempt of those who constantly belittle/call ppl newbs etc.. That's not why most joined Redguides.
As far as those major contributors, as most of the contributions are a rare few compilers, plugin/macro writers, My hats off to you. I have neither the time, patience, skills, or utilities to do what you do. And you share your time, effort, and abilities with all of us. To those of you who bash on them because maybe you don;t like their work, SHADDUP hehe. Move on to the next post and leaave the contributor alone, don;t take their red cents because u dislike their way of doing something, and don;t belittle their work.
I haven;t been a member long, and am mostly a lurker here and there who tries to pick up some scraps around about my cabability level to enhance my play time etc., and I really appreciate all the info on here, whether I use it or not, I may some day, and if I don;t someone is using it.
I think as far as the SOE thing goes, if people started posting stuff like mad the way it used to be to wear bugs lasted a long time, a lot of the worries would be gone, as it's been proven time and time again, SOE can;t even keep up with current fixes, if all the sudden 30 regular exploits are spotted at once, and bein commonly used on every server by half the EQ population, they'll be too busy finding and trying to figure out how to fix them one at a time, while people are posting newer better stuff here again, byt the time they fix 10 of 30, there'll be 40 more goin at the rate they work.
And tiny last note for those who don;t like gettinbusted for MQ2 ( hehe none of us do, I have 5 accounts myself, none busted yet, but not far off I am sure), it's gonna happen eventually probably to everyone who uses warps/piggyzone.hail/gank/sumcorpse, any of these tyupes of plugins. But think about it, it is a CHEAT. How long would your friends play poker with you if you were a cheat? Would ya catch a penalty if they caught ya cheatin em out of $300? it's cheating rofl that's what we're here for is to cheat, and noone old enough to be on a computer is too naive to not understand what cheating is. That is one thing I am happy to see, is how few of people complain about getting banned, how most take it in good stride. Don;t know how well I'll do with my first ban if/when it comes hehe I'll prob be mad as hell, taje 2 weeks off, then be back at the grind, as it won;t be anyones fault but my own because I clicked that shield hehe.

I understand what you're saying, Someoneorsomething, but that's not what this site advertised. I thought I was buying access to exploits and cheats. If I wanted macros, I would have gone to another site.

xierra said:
I understand what you're saying, Someoneorsomething, but that's not what this site advertised. I thought I was buying access to exploits and cheats. If I wanted macros, I would have gone to another site.
the thing about posting exploits is that you have to continuously find more as old ones will no longer work. there have been many that have been posted and put into the nerf section. really all you can do is wait for more to come out.

Basically there is no way to exclude sony employees or people who want to tattle on exploits. Any methods to put up disclaimers or gating processes like VIP sections / special levels / etc cannot filter out someone on a pay site.

There is a group of people who are able to code at the packet level and it's basically peer pressure that they apply to others who release packet level hacks.

We just need to work on the reward system to entice the people who have the knowledge to share it in spite of the peer pressure.

In summary my message would be to not focus on negative reinforcement (disclaimers, bannings, levels) but to instead focus on positive rewards to make those people decide to share.

in regards to some posts on the previous page:

legal disclaimers saying sony can't look at this site have no more effect than a prostitute asking someone "are you a cop?"

the piece of law 'signed by bill clinton' that everyone always references is imaginary.

The state of Redguides?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back