• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

the difference? (1 Viewer)

A good question.

I've been totally committed to WoW and have only watched others play EQ2, so I can't tell you. The biggest difference for me was that EQ2 had no PvP - not even duels, and that I couldn't stand. But as far as general game design differences, no clue.

they are extremely alike however i have noticed that the eq servers lag a lot more than wow servers do and that also contributed to eq not having pvp. pvp implies that many users will be in the same area sending a lot of commands and all the dmg wilol occur to anotherperson which adds to lag. I myself led a raid against stormwind a bit ago and we ended crashing the server w/o seeing a clear winner. so thats why many rpgs dont allow pvp.

hmm thanks for the replies they helped.
I myself am very commited to WoW but now all it seems to do is irritate me with all the bugs blizzard still hasn't worked out.
I have tried all the classes and races and so far my fav race is the human.
I recently started completely over and am now having a hard time enjoying the game.

If any info on which race is the funnest(you opinion) and class please tell me because it is very hard for me to have fun anymore.
Thanks.

I've played both games, and I think WoW is the better. EQ2 just caters to the player that has lots of time on their hands. While in WoW you can accomplish something in a small amount of time. WoW wasn't my replacement for DAoC. Hopefully they can get PvP to actually be enticing. I'd come back to it.

well i had a human pally at lvl 33 but one day i got on and he wasn't there...
blizzard said there was nuffin they could do so...
I now have another human pally at lvl 12 and an undead rogue at lvl 12.

the difference?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back