• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Tells and "tells you" (1 Viewer)

aspire2008

RedCents
2,825¢
With the new chat box changes, the "tells you" part from a tell in the chat message is cut off. My audio trigger relied on the "tells you" to go off. Is there any way around this, so I can retrigger my audio trigger?

I'm not sure about in a macro using events, but for plugins, the OnIncomingChat portion of a plugin you could capture it by it's DWORD Color
1554077523198.png

When I was working on DPSAdv I captured the colors codes (More like the message type code) and found 257 to be tells. Though I'm not sure how this would help unless there is a way to capture the color in an event.

you can turn off tell windows to stop this, but that changes how you may like to get your tells

you can use #chat tell events with tell windows for macro based stuff, i assume core uses something other then colours as it works with changed tell colours.

also for GINA i just tested {s1}:{s2} as the trigger with the audio as {s1} tells you {s2} , which works... false positives from some random stuff occurs including chat channels (if you join them i guess)

Question - Tells and "tells you"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back