• IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Tells and "tells you"

RedCents
3,744¢
With the new chat box changes, the "tells you" part from a tell in the chat message is cut off. My audio trigger relied on the "tells you" to go off. Is there any way around this, so I can retrigger my audio trigger?

RedCents
2,822¢
I'm not sure about in a macro using events, but for plugins, the OnIncomingChat portion of a plugin you could capture it by it's DWORD Color
1554077523198.png

When I was working on DPSAdv I captured the colors codes (More like the message type code) and found 257 to be tells. Though I'm not sure how this would help unless there is a way to capture the color in an event.

RedCents
1,205¢
you can turn off tell windows to stop this, but that changes how you may like to get your tells

you can use #chat tell events with tell windows for macro based stuff, i assume core uses something other then colours as it works with changed tell colours.

also for GINA i just tested {s1}:{s2} as the trigger with the audio as {s1} tells you {s2} , which works... false positives from some random stuff occurs including chat channels (if you join them i guess)

RedCents
2,822¢
Yeah, I don't use tell windows, I use a tab with them filtered to only show tells in the one tab.

For MQ2Discord I'm using
tells you,
and blocking
's pet tells you