• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Request - Target-tell-based buffs (MQ2Events?) (1 Viewer)

Rudaan

RedCents
227¢
I've searched and searched and find nothing for what I'm trying to accomplish.
I usually park my team in the GH when not in use. I have a Shammy, Chanter, Cleric and Ranger that could be buffing folks, except I don't want just anyone to be able to do the usual "Send tell, get buffs" kinda thing.

What I'd LIKE to have happen is:
Guild Lead or any of the Officers can send a tell to the effect of - /tell Shammy buff JohnDoe and my Shammy would target JohnDoe and cast Talisman of the Ry'Gorr

I just don't speak any of this stuff well enough to know how to script it. I assume this would take place using MQ2Events? And if so, would someone be kind enough to draw that up for me?
Once I see how it works for that, I should be able to edit and create for the others.

You could certainly build out a rudimentary capability with mq2events. The challenge with any plugin here will be the automation of the casting fighting with the automation of any macros running. You'll also need to implement some queue capability to save up all the chat requests and work through them if folks spam the bot.

Request - Target-tell-based buffs (MQ2Events?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back