• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - target switching (1 Viewer)

You can never go wrong looking at this thread >>>HERE<<<, even if you are not using CWTN resources. A lot of good information. I do it a little different than some probably, but I use the following.

To have your toons switch to your target:
INI:
/noparse /dgze /assist ${Group.MainTank}
/noparse /dgze /nav target
/timed 5 /noparse /dgze /attack on

You can get fancier using Dannet groups and multiline as well.

INI:
/noparse /dgae nonhealers /multiline ; /assist ${Group.MainTank};/timed 2 /nav target;/timed 5 /attack on

Last edited:
You can never go wrong looking at this thread >>>HERE<<<, even if you are not using CWTN resources. A lot of good information. I do it a little different than some probably, but I use the following.

To have your toons switch to your target:
INI:
/noparse /dgze /assist /noparse /dgze /assist ${Group.MainTank}
/noparse /dgze /nav target
/timed 5 /noparse /dgze /attack on
i did try this in a macro but changed the ${Group.MainTank} to ${Group.MainAssist} and it dose not work for me everything i try my guys keep returning to the original target they started attacking

What macro are you running?
If KissAssist - make sure TargetSwitchingOn is set to 1 in the ini. This lets you manually choose the target and gets everyone to assist on that target.
If MuleAssist - AFAIK there is no way to manually switch targets unless running in full Manual mode. But make sure to have SwitchWithMA set to 1 on all assisting toons.

Yes I am using muleassist with the Maui ingame window. I do have target switching checkmarked. I have played around with it and dosnt seem to change anything. The other things I have noticed with trying some of the above idea's is that it works sometimes. But is very clunky in its operation. And when I get it to work, my tank, whom I am driving, has to have Mulesassit paused to be able to change targets. And then I have to manual call my toons to attack my target. Even if I only have 1 target in camp. And if I have 2 targets in camp, when the first one dies and I change to second I have to manual call them to attack again. And to top it off it will work in this manner for a few kills and then it's like it all resets and my toons go back to sticking to one target and not being able to change.

Maybe I need to ditch Muleassist and go to Kissassist. I just really like having an Ingame window to edit my ini.

Yes I am using muleassist with the Maui ingame window. I do have target switching checkmarked. I have played around with it and dosnt seem to change anything. The other things I have noticed with trying some of the above idea's is that it works sometimes. But is very clunky in its operation. And when I get it to work, my tank, whom I am driving, has to have Mulesassit paused to be able to change targets. And then I have to manual call my toons to attack my target. Even if I only have 1 target in camp. And if I have 2 targets in camp, when the first one dies and I change to second I have to manual call them to attack again. And to top it off it will work in this manner for a few kills and then it's like it all resets and my toons go back to sticking to one target and not being able to change.

Maybe I need to ditch Muleassist and go to Kissassist. I just really like having an Ingame window to edit my ini.
Thats your issue then. TargetSwitchingOn is an option in MAUI, but doesn't seem to actually do anything. I believe MA is intended for entirely automated play, so if you want to somewhat control your toons, then KA is the way to go.

Personally, I find MA a bit 'snappier', so I use it for grinding, but anything that requires some manual input (missions, hunter...), I use KA on my tank/driver, MA on the rest.

Thats your issue then. TargetSwitchingOn is an option in MAUI, but doesn't seem to actually do anything. I believe MA is intended for entirely automated play, so if you want to somewhat control your toons, then KA is the way to go.

Personally, I find MA a bit 'snappier', so I use it for grinding, but anything that requires some manual input (missions, hunter...), I use KA on my tank/driver, MA on the rest.
So you think if I run Kiss on my tank. And Mule on my others. They should switch to the target I choose on him?

So i tried coping my Mule ini into my kiss ini. seems to work but in my mq window in game it keeps getting flooded with text saying in red no such 'int' memer 'Child' and under it in white kissassist.mac@16002 (whitebuffs): /varset bufflist ${window[buffwindow].child[bw_buff$ and a bunch of others stuff :S any idea what that is? would hate to have to rebuild my ini :S

So i tried coping my Mule ini into my kiss ini. seems to work but in my mq window in game it keeps getting flooded with text saying in red no such 'int' memer 'Child' and under it in white kissassist.mac@16002 (whitebuffs): /varset bufflist ${window[buffwindow].child[bw_buff$ and a bunch of others stuff :S any idea what that is? would hate to have to rebuild my ini :S

Dannet=1 in the KA file.

What i have found is Mule will switch the toons in the group with the MA if you have switchwithMA on in general and Targetswitching on under Melee

What it won't do if your in a raid is have anyone outside of your MA group switch.

So example
My 2 groups are
warrior bard wizzy cleric enchanter pally
shaman ranger monk zerker bard cleric

The warriors group will switch targets with him the second group will not.

Clerics and shaman are on CWTN
Just wanted to make it clear Cleric and shaman switch fine as well.
Everyone else is on Mule
Warrior is being played by me.

Warrior is set as MA in Raid and MA in group

/bca //switchnow doesn't work i tried different hotkeys from Discord that didn't' work.

What i have found is Mule will switch the toons in the group with the MA if you have switchwithMA on in general and Targetswitching on under Melee

What it won't do if your in a raid is have anyone outside of your MA group switch.

So example
My 2 groups are
warrior bard wizzy cleric enchanter pally
shaman ranger monk zerker bard cleric

The warriors group will switch targets with him the second group will not.

Clerics and shaman are on CWTN
Just wanted to make it clear Cleric and shaman switch fine as well.
Everyone else is on Mule
Warrior is being played by me.

Warrior is set as MA in Raid and MA in group

/bca //switchnow doesn't work i tried different hotkeys from Discord that didn't' work.
Do you manually play the warrior? Or Is it also using Mule?

Do you manually play the warrior? Or Is it also using Mule?
I had seen on Discord under the Muelassist-Maui that it works if your MA is using Mule in manual mode but i couldn't figure out how to get Mule in Manual.
The only options i had when i loaded it on him was Assistmode and Tank mode and a couple of others was no manual mode

If that sounds really stupid i'm sorry when it comes to my tank i always run him myself i don't even use MQ2melee on him.

"raid mode" for mule is just assisting the raid ma. You can do this by "/mac Muleassist assist ${Raid.MainAssist}" . As for changes in how you fight during a raid, is based specifically on your ini on how you have it set up. I have 3 ini files for my Necro that I raid with. One for rootdotting, one for grouping, and one for raiding. They are all different in their own way. So as for a "raid mode", no there isn't one. It's just a different ini to be used for each type of gameplay you use.

So I run Mule and been trying to figure this question out for a long time. The hearsay but i havent tried is if you unload Mq2melee it will work better. If you make a hotkey that has /backoff 1 then /switchnow then /backoff 0 they will switch each time if you do it fast enough. The problem i run into now is when i start a fight i cant stop my toons from fighting or killing what i was attacking.

"raid mode" for mule is just assisting the raid ma. You can do this by "/mac Muleassist assist ${Raid.MainAssist}" . As for changes in how you fight during a raid, is based specifically on your ini on how you have it set up. I have 3 ini files for my Necro that I raid with. One for rootdotting, one for grouping, and one for raiding. They are all different in their own way. So as for a "raid mode", no there isn't one. It's just a different ini to be used for each type of gameplay you use.
I will try this out and see if it works Thank you Kuhle.

So I run Mule and been trying to figure this question out for a long time. The hearsay but i havent tried is if you unload Mq2melee it will work better. If you make a hotkey that has /backoff 1 then /switchnow then /backoff 0 they will switch each time if you do it fast enough. The problem i run into now is when i start a fight i cant stop my toons from fighting or killing what i was attacking.
I have MQ2melee turned off on all my toons and it still don't work unless they are in the group with my warrior.

Give what Kuhle posted a try just make sure you mark your tank or whoever you want your toons assisting as MA in Raid

"raid mode" for mule is just assisting the raid ma. You can do this by "/mac Muleassist assist ${Raid.tMainAssis}" . As for changes in how you fight during a raid, is based specifically on your ini on how you have it set up. I have 3 ini files for my Necro that I raid with. One for rootdotting, one for grouping, and one for raiding. They are all different in their own way. So as for a "raid mode", no there isn't one. It's just a different ini to be used for each type of gameplay you use.
So after testing this last night the toons not in group with the MA still do not switch target.

I use the same INI no matter what i'm doing Raid or just Grouping.

What you can also do if you want to switch targets fast is , designate someone other than Main tank and puller as the Main assist.

This way when you pull you can go grab another while the current mob gets beat down.

This is the best trick when it comes to chain pulling

So switching my tank to Kiss and leaving the rest of my group on Mule has worked great! I can now switch targets as I wish!. Next thing I need to figure out is how to stop attacking. The one encounter I am trying to get past I need to wait for a debuff mid fight. So would like to be able to pause my melee attack mid fight.

Question - target switching

Users who are viewing this thread

Back