• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

/target + hail while using hiderun ?? (1 Viewer)

dougie222

RedCents
sigh... searched and can't find the thread I read mentioning this again....

does /target hostage + hail while using hiderun = warping ??

think I read it does but can't find the post I read mentioning it .... I've been reading about all of them heh =)

well, what I thought it actually did was /target hostage.... then when I hit hail... (thinking hail only works close to npc's) send me there and back to my start spot....

guess I'm wrong.. which is good, cause I'm do'ing the hiderun manually on the mission, but sometimes one gnome will be hiddne pretty good.

I just wanted to update... the hostages in this mission DO respond to hail while I'm hidden.

I get the mission done in about 5 or 6 mins manually. I just run through using /docrack hiderun on and have a macro set up to /target hostage and /say hail.

When they are close enough to hear a /say they resond , through walls, doors, the next room, etc.. not sure the range on npc's hearing /say

hmmm... if you guys were able to let the game /tell yourself... is there anyway to /tell a npc , heh, be cool to /target hostage /tell %T hail ..... probably not, but neat idea

thanks all !! loving redguides and the community here

The MQ2Hail plugin which is used in my WMMM (War Machines Monster Mission) macro does in fact work like a warp as far as I understand.

The difference between normal warp and the type MQ2Hail does, is that MQ2Hail only sends the packet, ie. the warp only happens serverside, where as a normal warp happens both serverside and clientside.

I'm not 100% sure though, but that is at least how I understand it.

/target + hail while using hiderun ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back