• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

System Tray Icon Date (1 Viewer)

Alatyami

NotAddicted.com Engineer (Retired)
RedCents
794¢
I have noticed that the date that appears when you do a onHover over the MQ2 icon in the system tray that it says "MacroQuest [September 23, 2004]". Me being me figured why not make it the same as the current load date ... at first I figured that it would be an easy task ... to the contray ...

September 23, 2005 is only referenced in the MQ2Main.h in which makes since. However, if you change the value to April 19, 2004 the date in the onHover reads "Needs Recompile". Thus, I figured maybe it comares the date to the modified date of the exe. Unfortunately, it isn't that easy. As I did a slight modification to the icon and made the last mod date the same as the changed date in the header file, and still I get the onHover of death ... "[Needs Recompile]".

Thus, leads me to a closure of this lenthy posting ... "Any one know the comparision string/value of the date in the onHover?"

Edit: I figure it has to do something with the Macroquest.exe that comes with the download of the MQ2 source files ..... however, I am not the best at decompiling with my hex editor as machine language and I do not get along well.

Any help appreciated ...

Alatyami ...

System Tray Icon Date

Users who are viewing this thread

Back