• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - System Beep Every Tell - How do I turn it off? (1 Viewer)

gaynar

RedCents
In the lasted compile of MQ2 I downloaded here it now does a system beep anytime one of my characters receives and tell and it auto makes that characters window pop up, it is insanely annoying and cannot figure out which plugin or setting is doing it. Also there is now timestamps showing that I want to turn off as well.

Rich (BB code):
/beepontells
toggles the beep
Rich (BB code):
/flashontells
toggles flashing
Rich (BB code):
/timestamp
toggles timestamp

You can turn off beep and still get flashing, you can turn off flashing and still have beeping, you can turn off timestamp and still get beeping and flashing...

I could go on, but the point is, these are separate commands and they are not linked to each other in any way. Turning one off or on does not affect the behavior of any of the other commands. (if it does let me know cause then u found a bug)

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you mentioned it in a post before that because of the way MQ2 injects, if you use isboxer, tells will stop your character? I don't use the standard client, so was just wondering since this thread came back around.

Question - System Beep Every Tell - How do I turn it off?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back