• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Suspensions - Whats Next (1 Viewer)

rawwar

RedCents
20¢
I wanted to see what the process is after getting a suspension notice.

I think it might be good for some of the newer suspended people to here what to do and how to do it so am asking the question.

After a suspension could someone throw out what to do.

Do you wait till the time is up? Should you try to petition if you don't really know why you were suspended? Should you contact Sony? So on.....

This is my first suspension so ya I am kind of anxious and do not want to put a spotlight on my toon if there is a chance it will be removed by saying something stupid.

Any info would be great and used by anyone who is suspended I hope.....

A lot of people use 'Banned' and 'Suspended' interchangeably. There is a huge difference between the 2 tho. In my case when I tried to log in, the email I got as well as the status on the Subscriptions page all read Suspended.

In my excperience (5 accts suspended once each at various times) the first suspension per account was 7 days.

The first 2 accts I had suspended were for the LSMM and AdvTask Warping. The last 3 were for warping and piggyzoning. In each case I got no tells, no advance warning. Logged out to fix lag and boom. Hello Popup: Your accout has been suspended.

The first 2 accts I contacted CS and played dumb. Got the stock 3rd party software response and (in a panic) called a friend of a friend who sleeps with a GM kinda thing. 7 days from the day I was suspended my accts were active again. The last 3 I did nothing. Got the email and waited. 7 days later the accts were active again.

Give it a week. If at the end of 7 days (After 9AM on the 8th day) you're acct isn't released then think about calling or emailing. The last thing you want to do is start an investigation into the acct if you dont need to.

Can your accts stand up to the scrutiny of a manual log review? /nod. I didn't think so :P

Thanks thats what I was hoping thinking doing nothing might be better ... kinda wanted it out here so some peeps who are a lil skitish might feel better from some of the regs putting it out here .... counting till Sat woo hoo

I got the standard suspended until review for perma banning email. My account status says banned though (no biggie, I cheated, got caught lalala) but the bastards wont let me cancel my subscription which is about to renew. Says I cant alter the subscription status till the account is closed or some crap. I am sure the pricks will leave that open till I hit another 30 day re-up.

Well lost my first account .... was on FV and was the wonderful Lydrea ... official reason is running Macroquest

Rawwar, what was your toons name on FV? Cause theres someone I know for a fact was gking and stuff on FV and auctioning it all, all from the same zone bosses and at the same time auctioning to trade plat on 'any' other server. Nothing screams gking, and selling plat like that. lol

N

Basically if you get suspended for any amount of time; 7 or 10 days, wait them out. If it's a ban I would try to contest it, my druid was once "permanantly banned" by Sony, but after a few emails they put a flag on the account and let it go. I had my Cleric suspended for 7 days before for extreme macroing, 80 aa's in under an hour and ended up getting the account back in 7 days because I waited it out. A friend of mine had his account suspended for 10 days and went to contest it with Sony and they looked into it and banned his account.

Sometimes Sony can be leniant about things, sometimes they can be real hardasses. None-the-less they are going to take it easy on you because they need you more.

I have found that Sony is completely ran by a bunch of money hungry idiots, whereas Blizzard is ran by a bunch of simple minded money making intelligent people. Blizzard finds the hackers at the first sight and bans them, making thier player base larger. Sony only has the hackers and hardcore players left(and some(not many) new noobs). In the end, Sony will probably let up whatever you have and give you your account back, they might strip gear, roll you back, punch you in the nuts, but whichever, you will get the account back in most cases.

Well I panicked when I first saw the "Banned" popup and fired off an email. This was on a Saturday. I didn't get the standard email until Monday, to which I replied, playing dumb. Lydrea passed the email to her supervisor, and in a brief exchange of emails this past Sunday night, he decided to be "lenient" and release the account. I just don't think he was very happy about her rampage.
Of course, he was 'obliged to advise' me in the email that this was a "one time" deal and therefore letting me know that my account had been flagged, and should it happen again, there'd be no reinstatement. Now I'm almost paranoid wondering whether they're watching me...
I'd just hang tight and see what happens..

I was told that I was flagged and being watched as well which made me totally parnoid for quite a while. It finally occurred to me that SoE has better things to do than shadow my every move and I eventually relaxed enough to actually play the previously suspended acct. normally again.

"Normally" being all of the MQ2 functions/macros I used before with the exception of warps and piggyzones. With a marked account I don't want to press my luck on a random snagging a second time.

It's been a year (almost) since my first suspended acct and I've never had any trouble since (On that acct.)

Well did my time on the phone, chat, email and such and now it is under review by a GM to see if the banning can be reversed. I will say each time I talked to someone they were consistant and told me they could not talk about it and I would have to call someone else (ya the person who sent me to them) anyway will see...

Ok here is the story .... Call sony, email sony, chat with sony bug the hell out of sony and never admit to it but do not argue it either ... keep asking for reinstatement of account .. do not get frustrated just keep working at it and it might just come around.... you will end up being bounced to a dozen or so people (all will say its not my job) so be ready for a lot of communication and be patient cause at this point you really don't have much to loose your account is already gone..... just don't get pissed at anoyone caus ethey just might be the one taking the flag off of you .... ya bard is BACK

Can anyone tell me what to do? I had an account suspended a week ago but I still haven't gotten an email from CS, when I tried to log in all it said was to contact them. Do I wait and see what happens or should I contact them?

I waited the 7 days and heard nothing from them so I did a couple calls and got the "We will get back to you" then the "We will have a GM contact you caus eit is not my job" but be polite and just keep askeing when the suspension is going to be removed. Don't debate the issue at all.... just ask when you can start playing again.

Well I sent them an email and they unsuspended it, however like always they are still going to investigate it for a potential ban. Thanks for the advice! :)

I had an account suspended twice on sleeper for warping/zoning, not sure which they actually got me for. first time I waited a week and emailed them, then I got account back and all characters were deleted. I didnt use macros etc and had gotten smithing up on my sk and other stuff. can't get them back. I remade them and was able to reuse the names since noone else had them, had to petition for names.
Second time I just waited after it was suspended. I didnt email and when they released the account after 10 or so days, all my folks were still there.
Not sure if the email made them look into it or not, but I will not send mail to them for a suspension any more if it happens again :)

I play on progression and had been farming VP for about a month with three accounts. I got a 10 day suspension and when I got my account back I had all my VP loot deleted. All my elemental/VT loot was still intact. I was expecting a straight up ban, so I had already moved on but was suprised one day when I tried to log on one of my old accounts and it said that I need to have valid pay info, I re-opened the three accounts and they work fine....I stay out of VP no also duh.

I never bragg or link loot in chat. I keep real quiet and play on weird times (I live in Korea). I turned eqplayer update off, so most of my toons show like level 50-60 with crap baz bought gear. I guess having a 9k hp, 1900ac unbuffed SK on progression raised a few eyebrows.

Only thing I can think of is that someone might have logged into VP for a hot second, maybe a newby that just got his key and wanted to log in one time. Got the names to three characters doing some wierd stuff, who knows. I do know this, the GM's are not aggressive in chasing offenders. It's the jelious players. I respect other guilds and players, I don't GK mobs infront of raids and mostly go for low profile stuff. Hell, if some zones in while I am doing my business, I shut everything down and disperse.

Like the above poster, I didn't write or anything. I knew that I did wrong and got what I deserved. I'm like the guy who tried to comit suicide, and was clinically dead for 2 minutes then came back to life. I got my accounts back and walk a somewhat straighter line.....(key the evil laugh sound and devil horns)

Suspensions - Whats Next

Users who are viewing this thread

Back