• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

/stick behind (1 Viewer)

hotdog

RedCents
If you are the type of person that likes to respond to every question by saying, "God damn you're a stupid fucking idiot! Read the fucking posts burried 28 pages deep in some obscure thread that kinda discusses what you are talking about but that cannot be found using the search engine! Your mom should have had an abortion!"...just walk away now because you are useless anyway.

For those of you who are willing to answer a simple question that may have been answered in a round about way before without being a raging dick...

The /stick behind command..does this send packets, i.e. I should not use it? I honestly have no idea if this command would be detectable. I'd like to use a melee toon on the backside of a mob while I kite with a necro, but I don't want to make a stupid mistake and use something that is detectable. I would be manually controlling the melee toon all the way up to the backside of the mob before I use the /stick behind command. Would this type of thing be unadvisable right now?

A simple yes or no answer will suffice. I am guessing that it would not be wise to use right now (which is why I am asking - to be sure), but I wanted to hear an answer from the real pros here. Thanks in advance for any legit answers provided.

I am by no means an expert, but I would classify it with the rest of the "semi-active" hacks - i.e., anything that causes recognizable behavior to someone who happens to be watching you, like the Noaccel and Envirofall docracks, AFK tradeskilling (or really any AFK repetitive behavior), auto-responding buffbots, etc. While they don't send any packets, they can be pretty obvious to someone observing you. Heck, even running full tilt boogie through a zone while avoiding EVERY mob in your path can be obvious to someone that knows what he's looking at.

In short, whatever cheats you use, do so wisely. Instanced (or empty) zones, pay attention to the botted toon (i.e., check relatively often for tells), try to mix it up a bit.

There have been a lot of these questions, and to put it simply, as long as you haven't modified the file MQ2Mouse.cpp, SendEQMessage() won't send packets. So other than the obscure case of a plugin making a call to send_message() (the function that SendEQMessage() normally calls), no plugins can actually send packets through MQ2. This also means that if you were to load up a plugin that sent packets, like MQ2Pax, it wouldn't really do anything no matter how often you used it.

The best generic answer to any packet question is that MQ2 can't send packets in this compile unless you make it able to, in which case you're probably not going to ask such a question.

If you are the type of person that likes to respond to every question by saying, "God damn you're a stupid fucking idiot! Read the fucking posts burried 28 pages deep in some obscure thread that kinda discusses what you are talking about but that cannot be found using the search engine! Your mom should have had an abortion!"...just walk away now because you are useless anyway.

Wow. Fuck you. You want to know why I flame people for not reading? Because I spend a whole lot of my time helping people, and I get pissed when the answers I give are ignored, and force me to spend more time explaining.

On topic...that's actually a reasonable question. If I hadn't spent a bunch of time messing around in the moveutils code a few weeks ago, I wouldn't have known the answer without looking. I had to even ask IEA in a post whether or not MQ2Cast was safe (which it is). That said...as I said, and as RedQuest said, everything that is in the RQ compile is safe.

Arlyh said:
So other than the obscure case of a plugin making a call to send_message() (the function that SendEQMessage() normally calls)

or calls the memchecks() or memchecks_tramp() functions in MQ2DetourAPI.cpp, which effectively call send_message()....

thez said:
Wow. Fuck you.

I'll second that. Cut thez and others some slack, he's probably seen "when can I do X again?" and "WTF, fix it already" 10000 times more than necessary enough already. He probably needs a vacation :)

When the shit works, you'll know. If something has a high probably (or is getting) people banned, you'll know. If it is said this release is believed to be safe that is what it means. A lot of money is made from subscriptions here (I am assuming at least), the last thing they want is all the users banned. Use your heads guys....no not that one, the other one.

Hahaha, it's funny to see someone take offense to what I said. I see this type of thing all too frequently on the MQ2 boards (which is why i never post there). There are so many people who are so quick to flame, regardless if the person asking a question did a search or not or tried to find the answer on their own or not. I use the search function before I ever post any questions on this board. I'd say 4 times out 5 I find the answer myself. However, when I get back 10+ pages of threds with "possible" answers, and after sifting through half of those threads gains zero desired results, it's way easier and less time consuming to simply ask a direct question in the help section of the boards. Sorry, you know you'd do it too if you couldn't find the answer to your question in the first few pages of searching.

I'm just not hip on people dropping the, "Jesus christ you are a stupid fucker! GO DIE!" response every single time someone asks a question. It's a hell of a lot easier to ignore their question then to expend all of your hatred and energy going off on them. I guess if it makes you feel better, do what you do. More often than not, it makes the attacker look like a jackass just as much as the person who originally asked for help.

I'm not directing this at any of you in particular. But, if you take offense, then good. You have something to think about the next time you decide to go off on someone who obviously doesn't earn your time and energy in the form of a legit response. Be helpful or don't be helpful. That choice is yours. Let those who don't deserve your knowledge drown in their own silence. It's a pretty simple concept to use and nobody gets hurt in the process.

hotdog -- for something this specific, this is what I would do if I were you.

Go to the redquest compile thread, and search each page for "crash". Figure out if it relates to your problem, if it doesn't move on. You can get through the whole thread in a few minutes doing that. That's how I skim stuff.

thez said:
Wow. Fuck you. You want to know why I flame people for not reading? Because I spend a whole lot of my time helping people, and I get pissed when the answers I give are ignored, and force me to spend more time explaining.

You could actualy save even more time by just keeping your foul comments to yourself

Yeah, but in this and other cases, if I didn't express my opinion, I'd never be calm enough to put the advice down. Of course, there are some times, like when someone posts asking for help with zone and warp, then several days later starts bashing everyone for giving that stuff out...those times I just enjoy mocking the person's sheer idiocy.

OMG ... I sit here shaking my head that someone would not look at the thread count before giving someone crap about thier answers (1277 customers served to date) ... next time a kid asks you "are we there yet" think of today and when you see the message Your tolerance for "Are were there yet is maxed at 200" Your tolerance for repetitve questions with a negative attitude has fizzled .... think about it again ... if you want a positive answer why start the statement negative unless you already know your questions is not appropriate. Just ask the question why set up the DRAMA ....

Your additional gasoline is relevant how, rawwar?

Look, it is simple, if you are pissed that some newb comes along and asks a question that you are sick and tired of answering, walk the fuck away and don't waste your damn time. A lot of new people come here and to other boards looking for help. It's not fair to any of them who come here trying to seek help and are met with a barrage of "STFU NEWB! GOD DAMN I AM SICK OF TELLING YOU PEOPLE TO USE SEARCH!" Well, no fucking shit use search. Certain keywords that newbs don't know to use in the search might be needed. Without that knowledge, they may be looking in the wrong direction or not get any help at all. How is that helping them? it's not...just like the, "GOD DAMN! USE SEARCH YOU ASSTARD!" crap that is dropped all too frequently.

So, if you're feeling pissy, be the bigger man, hit back on your browser, and move on to the next thread. Nobody is demanding you help anyone. If you are sick of the same questions being asked, look away. There is no sense is trashing some poor dude that is new and doesn't know his head from his ass. It's comparable to some UFC dude beating the shit out of a 2nd grader. If that is what you think makes you cool, you go on and do what you do.

Just for a little clearification why don't you cut a couple of those posts in here to show your point cause I would love to see you cut a post from me in here that is even close to that.... and I have not seen a lot of those on here at all I think you have this site confused to another.... I offer help to a lot of people as do a lot of others.... what I do see is you sitting here trashing the page without showing any examples... and ya its annoying so yup I will ignore your posts as they don't ask for help in any terms I wish to deal with and yes I will ignore your responses becuase they are simple Rants ... have a great day .... and mods feel free to nerf my posts now on this thread ....

hotdog said:
Hahaha, it's funny to see someone take offense to what I said. I see this type of thing all too frequently on the MQ2 boards (which is why i never post there). There are so many people who are so quick to flame, regardless if the person asking a question did a search or not or tried to find the answer on their own or not. I use the search function before I ever post any questions on this board. I'd say 4 times out 5 I find the answer myself. However, when I get back 10+ pages of threds with "possible" answers, and after sifting through half of those threads gains zero desired results, it's way easier and less time consuming to simply ask a direct question in the help section of the boards. Sorry, you know you'd do it too if you couldn't find the answer to your question in the first few pages of searching.

I'm just not hip on people dropping the, "Jesus christ you are a stupid fucker! GO DIE!" response every single time someone asks a question. It's a hell of a lot easier to ignore their question then to expend all of your hatred and energy going off on them. I guess if it makes you feel better, do what you do. More often than not, it makes the attacker look like a jackass just as much as the person who originally asked for help.

I'm not directing this at any of you in particular. But, if you take offense, then good. You have something to think about the next time you decide to go off on someone who obviously doesn't earn your time and energy in the form of a legit response. Be helpful or don't be helpful. That choice is yours. Let those who don't deserve your knowledge drown in their own silence. It's a pretty simple concept to use and nobody gets hurt in the process.

It's the trash talk at the MQ2 boards which make it possible for the RedGuides community to exist.

I actually use a semi-modified rogue helper for doing the follow and backstab, The MQ2moveutilities has some variables you can use to make the movement look less computerized, As long as no one is watching too closely you don't have to worry much about that though. My sponsor for one of my guilds actually was watching me in action while 'ruiting and sent a tell to me reminding me to turn off mq2moveutilities because the tank was purposely spinning trash mobs around and showing people how I moved. Not a red flagging active hack but unmodified it looks very precise, too precise for a human.

I agree with you Roguish, it is very mechanical looking. Someone posted a video that had a couple of people doing /stick behind and it was very obvious. I just wasn't sure if using the command would set off whistles and bells over at SoE and get me hammered. I already got suspended once for GKing. I really don't want to put those SoE people in a position to think, "This dude just doesn't fucking get it. BAN!" I know using MQ2 in any regard has its risks, I just don't want to use any functions that are dead give away on SoE's end. I'm still learning what sends packets and what doesn't to keep myself out of trouble. Thanks for your input. :)

/stick behind

Users who are viewing this thread

Back