• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

sseru.mac ?? (1 Viewer)

unknown405

RedCents
90¢
I was reading the "Recent Bannings: Post Here" and read that a lot of people were banned for using sseru.mac but have never heard of it. Obviously it's nerfed by now, and if not I'm not planning on using it. Could someone please give me an overview of what this mac did, and why so many people got banned for it.

Thanks.

I used search, and I found that post that you linked to me. But it was edited with big red letters saying not to use it, no info on what it does. I read the 1st 3 pages and found the source, but don't know how to read macro sources well enough to know what it does. Can I just get a general idea of what it does? The only reason i'm so curious is it got so many people banned, sony did a mass ban of people using that exploit.. so it must have been really really good, right?

Let me do a run down of what this does.
#event Exp "You gain experience!!" //When this chat event occurs, it triggers the Sub Event_Exp code
#event Level "You have gained a level! Welcome to level #1#!" //Refer to above. Simlar

Sub Main //Where the macro begins
/declare TimesRun int outer //Creates a declaration referenced in a sub event below
/varset TimesRun 0 //Sets the above declaration to 0
:loop //Main loop of your macro. Everything below is cycled until you hit a /return
/delay 1 //Delays 1 millisecond
/tar npc exam //Targets an NPC with Exam in his name
/delay 1
/say target i would like to begin //Triggers a quest
/delay 3
/tar npc ont //Targets the next NPC in the quest
/delay 2
/click left target //Left clicks the target
/delay 3
/notify GiveWnd GVW_Give_Button leftmouseup //Clicks the Give button on the trade window
/doevents //Parses any #events that may have occured while the macro ran
/goto :loop //Returns to the main loop
/return

Sub Event_Exp
/varcalc TimesRun ${TimesRun}+1 //Triggers the #event Exp at the top and sets the TimesRun variable to +1 of its currrent value
/return //Returns to the macro

Sub Event_Level(LevelText)
/echo Level ${LevelText} took ${TimesRun} runs... //Echos how many runs it took to gain the next level
/varset TimesRun 0 //Resets the counter to 0
/return

Furthermore, I belive the original source used a /warp command. Which is the main reason it got so much attention to begin with.

Yes the macro does all the work you could need. Just turn on the mac and then BAM you get banned in twelve minutes. Seriously not worth it to screw with.

Perhaps it depends on the server? I've leveled 4 toons in it to 46 to then plvl with 70's in the past month, non stop and 0 bans.

I don't think prexus is heavily monitored I used to cheat on that server 24/7 like a year ago I'd leave macs on all night.. go to the beach for a week and come back haha never got so much as a slap on the wrist. I moved to a diff server dont cheat as much still no warnings though so I guess i'm just lucky.

Oh ya and to majin I figured out how to read macros haha I can write them and everything now.. for all those guys asking people to make macros you should just learn it's mad easy. I wasn't on redguides for 2 weeks before I figured out how to write 2 or 3 macros and won 2nd place on top 10.

sseru.mac ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back