• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Software takes control of my melee (1 Viewer)

mikeraylittle

RedCents
110¢
I have posted on some other question but decided it is time to ask in a fresh thread. I have had a few suggestions and nothing seems to work. My plan is to have my box group but control one toon. Originally I was trying with my SK but every time I hit attack "something" takes control of the character. I started using my Ranger and pull with him manually. That works great as long as I'm using range attack, which usually is my preferred method anyway. When I do have to click the "Melee Attack" button I can no longer control the toon. Can't even shut it off.

My group is using "ihcmerc" which works well I think. I'm not turning on "ihcmerc" on the puller nor am I loading kissassist. The only think I'm loading on the puller is the "/bccmd connect" command. Anyone have thoughts on what could be taking control of the toon?

I have posted on some other question but decided it is time to ask in a fresh thread. I have had a few suggestions and nothing seems to work. My plan is to have my box group but control one toon. Originally I was trying with my SK but every time I hit attack "something" takes control of the character. I started using my Ranger and pull with him manually. That works great as long as I'm using range attack, which usually is my preferred method anyway. When I do have to click the "Melee Attack" button I can no longer control the toon. Can't even shut it off.

My group is using "ihcmerc" which works well I think. I'm not turning on "ihcmerc" on the puller nor am I loading kissassist. The only think I'm loading on the puller is the "/bccmd connect" command. Anyone have thoughts on what could be taking control of the toon?
Sounds like MQ2Melee behavior.
(edit: I see Redbot has beat me to the punch)

I like MQ2Melee for the most part. It does just about everything I could want from melee toons. If you would like it to continue doing skills and abilities and all that, but also want to be able move around when you take control of your character I would recommend doing /melee stickbreak=1
That will allow you to move around when you select your character and manually move. Additionally you can hit ESC when engaged with a monster to stop attacking and not try to stick to the enemy over and over.
It's a little quirky but once you're used to it its not so bad.

Problem - Software takes control of my melee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back