• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Guide - So you want to buy a Guild Hall (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,144¢
Custom Guild Halls are great for everyone. Here's some basic info to help you get started

When you face the Magus in the lobby the door on the right is to the standard game guild hall. You can be in any guild (even the game provided guild) and get into this. There is no customization like hanging swords or special ports. Its pretty bland. But some guilds only need the port or bank feature anyway so its perfect for them. Nothing to buy, no rent to pay and you can create your guild with 1 person and use it. But to do these other custom guild halls you will need 10 alts, dogs, ex wives or whatever in your guild. And keep at least 10 players on the roster.

On the left of the magus is the door to special guild halls. You can only use this if your guild or someone in your guild has purchased a guild hall and placed it either in an "open" neighborhood or the guild's neighborhood. You can also still use the one on the right but none of your customizations will be there.

Down the corridor a little more to the left is the neighborhood gate where you can also access your guild hall but it won't be a straight zone into it like the door above, you'll have to run to where it was placed.

You can place your custom guild hall in your own neighborhood or find an open neighborhood with an open guild plot and put it there. To find an open neighborhood click the gate and look at the list of neighborhoods and just to the right you will see the guild names there. If a neighborhood does not have a guild name then it is "game produced" and anyone can put a house or guild there. Each hood has room for 4 guild halls so keep looking to the right under the far right column that says "used" (the second used column ) and that shows how many other guild halls are placed in there.

If you want to have your own neighborhood you will need a "writ" and this can only be purchased from the marketplace - $17.00 or its on sale right now for $14.00. More on this in a minute. The writ will create a neighborhood in your guild's name that will then appear on the list at the gate.

You can either buy your hall thru the marketplace or an NPC.

If you buy one from the NPC then you cannot buy the "writ" with it but would have to buy that separate from the marketplace.

Tanya Bekines is an NPC by the hut where you zone into the Sunrise Hills. She sells either a Standard Guild Hall which holds 1000 placeable items for 19 plat. Looks nice on the outside and from what I understand it is just like the standard one on the right hand door except you can customize it. Very small. Or the other one she sells is the Modest for 1,068 plat and you can place 1500 items it it. Placeable means stuff like statues, pets roaming around, tables, swords on the walls etc. But the guild halls themselves hold about 2000 total items.

If you go thru the marketplace you can buy the Grand Guild Hall with or without a writ with it. This one is about the right size to decorate, gather some friends etc and has a small dungeon. And the other one is the Palatial Guild Hall with or without a writ. This one is huge. Best for large guilds. You will get lost. Has a large dungeon too.

Even though there are 4 guild plots in every neighborhood you/your guild can only use one and guild plots are the only place you can put a guild hall. They cannot go in a house plot. The other open guild plots are for open neighborhoods and are often full with 4 different guilds using them

This is a list of some open versions of the guild halls on FV so you can go look and get an idea of how big they are.

Ab Inferno Village a Modest is at 200 Brimming Way
Allegiance Village, has a Grand at 200 Brimming Way
and Emerald Alliance reborn at 200 Brimming Way has an open Palatial.

I did not find a standard one, but its just like the standard one off the lobby.

Don't forget to go to manage - escrow and put some dubloon in there for upkeep. Nothing is worse than using your anchor to get back the hall and its out of rent!!

The guild hall belongs to the guild - not the person who bought it. All guild halls come with a supply of tradeskill things like an oven, pottery wheel etc, guild banker, personal banker, the port guy etc. They do not come with a Parcel NPC so you can pick up one of those for 1 plat from Tanya. Also pick up a couple of "Doors to nowhere". These you can place on your walls in the halls, right click and it will port you straight into the lobby. You can buy more of the guild NPC if you want but not much reason to.

When you buy your guild hall it will go into your reward window. Be at your bank or standing in your plot and have at least 4 slots open in your inventory. It is heavy and when you open it you will not be able to move much. If you bought the package it will show the writ and the guild pack. Don't try to collect just the writ because it will put it all in your inventory. However the guild pack will put 3 or 4 more heavy packs in your inventory. It can be frustrating. I go buy the guild plot I want, pay some upkeep and stand in the middle and then collect the reward. That way I can place the hall and lighten the load a little. But all those NPC weight a lot too.

Hope this helps!

Custom Guild Halls are great for everyone. Here's some basic info to help you get started

When you face the Magus in the lobby the door on the right is to the standard game guild hall. You can be in any guild (even the game provided guild) and get into this. There is no customization like hanging swords or special ports. Its pretty bland. But some guilds only need the port or bank feature anyway so its perfect for them. Nothing to buy, no rent to pay and you can create your guild with 1 person and use it. But to do these other custom guild halls you will need 10 alts, dogs, ex wives or whatever in your guild. And keep at least 10 players on the roster.

On the left of the magus is the door to special guild halls. You can only use this if your guild or someone in your guild has purchased a guild hall and placed it either in an "open" neighborhood or the guild's neighborhood. You can also still use the one on the right but none of your customizations will be there.

Down the corridor a little more to the left is the neighborhood gate where you can also access your guild hall but it won't be a straight zone into it like the door above, you'll have to run to where it was placed.

You can place your custom guild hall in your own neighborhood or find an open neighborhood with an open guild plot and put it there. To find an open neighborhood click the gate and look at the list of neighborhoods and just to the right you will see the guild names there. If a neighborhood does not have a guild name then it is "game produced" and anyone can put a house or guild there. Each hood has room for 4 guild halls so keep looking to the right under the far right column that says "used" (the second used column ) and that shows how many other guild halls are placed in there.

If you want to have your own neighborhood you will need a "writ" and this can only be purchased from the marketplace - $17.00 or its on sale right now for $14.00. More on this in a minute. The writ will create a neighborhood in your guild's name that will then appear on the list at the gate.

If you buy one from the NPC then you cannot buy the "writ" with it but would have to buy that separate from the marketplace.

Tanya Bekines is an NPC by the hut where you zone into the Sunrise Hills. She sells either a Standard Guild Hall which holds 1000 placeable items for 19 plat. Looks nice on the outside and from what I understand it is just like the standard one on the right hand door except you can customize it. Very small. Or the other one she sells is the Modest for 1,068 plat and you can place 1500 items it it. Placeable means stuff like statues, pets roaming around, tables, swords on the walls etc. But the guild halls themselves hold about 2000 total items.

If you go thru the marketplace you can buy the Grand Guild Hall with or without a writ with it. This one is about the right size to decorate, gather some friends etc and has a small dungeon. And the other one is the Palatial Guild Hall with or without a writ. This one is huge. Best for large guilds. You will get lost. Has a large dungeon too.

Even though there are 4 guild plots in every neighborhood you/your guild can only use one and guild plots are the only place you can put a guild hall. They cannot go in a house plot. The other open guild plots are for open neighborhoods and are often full with 4 different guilds using them

This is a list of some open versions of the guild halls on FV so you can go look and get an idea of how big they are.

I did not find a standard one, but its just like the standard one off the lobby.

Don't forget to go to manage - escrow and put some dubloon in there for upkeep. Nothing is worse than using your anchor to get back the hall and its out of rent!!

The guild hall belongs to the guild - not the person who bought it. All guild halls come with a supply of tradeskill things like an oven, pottery wheel etc, guild banker, personal banker, the port guy etc. They do not come with a Parcel NPC so you can pick up one of those for 1 plat from Tanya. Also pick up a couple of "Doors to nowhere". These you can place on your walls in the halls, right click and it will port you straight into the lobby. You can buy more of the guild NPC if you want but not much reason to.

When you buy your guild hall it will go into your reward window. Be at your bank or standing in your plot and have at least 4 slots open in your inventory. It is heavy and when you open it you will not be able to move much. If you bought the package it will show the writ and the guild pack. Don't try to collect just the writ because it will put it all in your inventory. However the guild pack will put 3 or 4 more heavy packs in your inventory. It can be frustrating. I go buy the guild plot I want, pay some upkeep and stand in the middle and then collect the reward. That way I can place the hall and lighten the load a little. But all those NPC weight a lot too.

Hope this helps!
Nice thanks!

So after lots of research, I have arrived at the point of pulling the trigger on a Guild House. I have decided on a Grand Guild Hall cause I don't need the Palatial. But where to put it is the question. I looked at the Neighborhood Search window and man there is just too many to choose from. I kind of know what I am looking for, a neighborhood with 1 or 2 Gplots used, and plenty of PPlots open. How do you guys decide? Neighbors? Just pick one at random? I think it would be kind of cool to be in a neighborhood with other boxers, but I don't know any. This is the only problem with being a "Lone Wolf" type.

I am on FV, if anyone is interested in picking a good neighbor, please help me out. I am to old to be the partying type, just looking for a nice, quiet neighborhood to park my toons. DM me here with the neighborhood, or recommendation, I don't even need your guild name lol. And thanks in advance.

Vrak

So after lots of research, I have arrived at the point of pulling the trigger on a Guild House. I have decided on a Grand Guild Hall cause I don't need the Palatial. But where to put it is the question. I looked at the Neighborhood Search window and man there is just too many to choose from. I kind of know what I am looking for, a neighborhood with 1 or 2 Gplots used, and plenty of PPlots open. How do you guys decide? Neighbors? Just pick one at random? I think it would be kind of cool to be in a neighborhood with other boxers, but I don't know any. This is the only problem with being a "Lone Wolf" type.

I am on FV, if anyone is interested in picking a good neighbor, please help me out. I am to old to be the partying type, just looking for a nice, quiet neighborhood to park my toons. DM me here with the neighborhood, or recommendation, I don't even need your guild name lol. And thanks in advance.

Vrak
Here is a list from the gate of some open neighborhoods on FV:

East Freeport Militia Village - appears to still have 2 guild plots open
Ice Bridge Fields - only has 1 left
Ice Bridge Island - 2 left
Maple Bridge Point - 1
Pine Circle Acres - 1
Spruce Bridge Hollows - 1

Go to (zone in ) to any of them and then go to the spring just a little to the right after you enter. Click the spring and at the bottom are listed 4 guild plots. Pick which you want out of the ones with no names on them and click it which will send you to it and then pay some plot rent and you can place your hall. Same thing for any houses you want to place, go to spring and find the open plots or just wander around.

Next time you go to the gate you just pick that neighborhood where you set the hall. Or if you have a house you set then you can just search for your character's name under player.

If you need more help send me a conversation on here and I can help you in game.

Last edited:
I'm new at this Guildhall thing. If I understand it correctly, a guild can use the generic Guildhall off the Guild Lobby as an instanced zone, but there is no customizing available, just the basic hall. But if I buy a Guildhall, I can add items, decorations, and additional services -- like a larger guild bank. Is that about it? Plus the ability to buy an entire neighborhood for guild members to build houses, of course.

So, the advantage is simply the ability to customize, right?

I'm new at this Guildhall thing. If I understand it correctly, a guild can use the generic Guildhall off the Guild Lobby as an instanced zone, but there is no customizing available, just the basic hall. But if I buy a Guildhall, I can add items, decorations, and additional services -- like a larger guild bank. Is that about it? Plus the ability to buy an entire neighborhood for guild members to build houses, of course.

I see the biggest benefits being the ability to place things like guild trophies and fast port devices. so like ours has just about every expansions fast port and using Sic's GuildClicky Lua I have quick buttons for each main zone. this allows me to be able to move entire groups around very fast.

Yes, sounds like you got it!

The custom halls are much larger than the generic one. So you have more rooms, maybe a dungeon, a meeting hall, second story etc. I have not seen that the guild bank itself holds more than the one in the generic hall. But the custom Halls themselves hold a massive amount of items which you can hang or set or just store. And the guild plots are much larger than a house plot so they hold more outside, like banners, stables, pets, trees, etc.

If you have your own guild neighborhood you can pretty much have tons of storage putting a house on each one with a different toon. Each char can have 3 plots so would have to have a multitude of them but that is what FTP is for!

Also to buy a guild plot you need at least 10 members in the guild.

Hoarders use it for extra inventory space.

What's the difference between hoarding and unbridled collector again @Knightly?

Prepping Work From Home GIF by 60 Second Docs

I have that in my breakdown but another player was giving me flack over that and said it was not needed. I have not proven or disproved his claim.
Well yesterday, I had 2 in a guild and it would not let me buy a plot and I got a popup saying 10 members was needed :)

When I got to 10 it let me buy it. That said I did not test at 3,4,5,6,7,8 or 9...

Can also confirm 10 are needed.

As far as use - I have a neighborhood just for collectible storage for all the alts… combine it with some of the Macs around and it makes it super easy to store / click a plot at a time

Is there an easy way to travel to Guild Lobby from the custom guild hall? I got the shabby lobby door but i can't seem to navigate to it like you can in normal GH or click on it with the click button.

custom guild hall, that'd be going from the Guild Lobby to the Neighborhood GuildHall on the left of the Magus. The one on the right is the standard non-custom guild hall. Depending on the actual guild hall, you can use short zone names and mq2nav ie /travelto guildhall3 or /travelto guildhalllrg, etc

custom guild hall, that'd be going from the Guild Lobby to the Neighborhood GuildHall on the left of the Magus. The one on the right is the standard non-custom guild hall. Depending on the actual guild hall, you can use short zone names and mq2nav ie /travelto guildhall3 or /travelto guildhalllrg, etc

I think he is looking for back out - so not running through neighborhood.

Is there an easy way to travel to Guild Lobby from the custom guild hall? I got the shabby lobby door but i can't seem to navigate to it like you can in normal GH or click on it with the click button.
Did you put your shabby lobby door on the wall in your custom hall? You should be able to right click it and select port to lobby then

To clarify it the guild hall on the right of the magus is for any guild to use and the only door in it will port you back to the lobby. You cannot place a shabby door in it.

The doors that show when your inside a custom guild halls port you out to the neighborhood. So you need the shabby door to get to the lobby from your custom hall.

Did you put your shabby lobby door on the wall in your custom hall? You should be able to right click it and select port to lobby then
Yes, but I am looking for a way to interact with it through command. Sometime it's a pain in the butt to move several groups if I have to click on them one by one.

A bit of a random question but still relevant to guild halls.
Is there any way to get some of the custom ports from the friends and family packages *beyond* going back and purchasing them?

Shadow haven port in NOS for example would be great to have…

Or FM statue

Edit: I’m specifically looking for those custom ports… I’m not aware of those same ports available in crates

A bit of a random question but still relevant to guild halls.
Is there any way to get some of the custom ports from the friends and family packages *beyond* going back and purchasing them?

Shadow haven port in NOS for example would be great to have…

Or FM statue

Edit: I’m specifically looking for those custom ports… I’m not aware of those same ports available in crates
Yes, I supply a lot of guild halls on FV and Tunare with many of the special ports. I can do other servers too. All one needs is the right to set items in your guild hall and they can put one of the 999 they got in there lol

I do charge a fee however there are a few folks who do it free.

FM statue is a popular one!

This is a list of which I have available

Ancient Iksar Translocator Statue - FM
Cynosure of Health - Plane of Heath
Froststone Crystal Echo - Froststone
Gorowyn Translocator Lantern - Skyfire mtns
Shadow Haven Teleport Pad - Shadow Haven
Skyshrine Dragon Brazier - Cobalt Scar
Stratos fire platforms - Stratos
Umbral Plains Scrying Bowl - Umbral Plains

Hope this helps!
Red Monkey set up my guild hall. She knows from which she speaks.

Guide - So you want to buy a Guild Hall

Users who are viewing this thread

Back