• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Sk Sham Cleric Ench + +?? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
182¢
Wondering what everyone thinks of what classes to add for max dps. Thinking mage wiz or mage zerker. Anyone have any ideas?? All 115 other than mage enc n wiz. Keep in mind all are FTP except for SK n Shammy.

Wondering what everyone thinks of what classes to add for max dps. Thinking mage wiz or mage zerker. Anyone have any ideas?? All 115 other than mage enc n wiz. Keep in mind all are FTP except for SK n Shammy.
Current group is sk cleric shaman rogue zerker bard. But seems like dps is a bit slow compared to a few people I know in my guild. Which has war clr shammy mage bst n enchanter

My thoughts are that you dont really need to max dps when 6 boxing. I rather have the various utilities to make everything smooth and enjoyable.

Perhaps this setup: It is quite sustainable and good dps.
SK+SHM (gold) + ENC + MAG + BST + DRU. This will give you solid tanking and heals. Buffs/CC/ports/CotH/debuffs/heals/offtank/puller/track/forage etc and 4+ pets and BST mana regen. Its also priceless to see 6 toons + pets go Crock illusion on BST burns P

from what I have seen the solid group dps makup is
melee = SK, SHM, BRD, ZER, ZER, BST (or another ZER)
Caster = SK, SHM/CLR, ENC/BRD, MAG, MAG, MAG/WIZ

Re: Caster group
The benefit of multiple mages I feel is non-existent. I feel like another pet class would better serve you than a second mage. Perhaps a necro or beastlord as they would both benefit from having pet weapons and mod rods. With a necro you also have a group mana tap which means as a pair (Mage and Necromancer) they would collectively help keep the mana hog that is a wizard in the mana between the mod rods and group mana tap. The necromancer would be a big help on named mobs compared to a second mage but suffer a loss of overall DPS on non-named. It's an odd balance to strike when dealing with mana consuming characters.

With that said, I feel that at this point in the game a Melee group will provide a larger DPS output compared to a caster group. As long as your Tank/Heals/CC are solid then you'll be able to take on any group content.
SHD/SHM/ENC
SHD/CLR/ENC
are all valid combinations from the main trio. Having both a shaman and a cleric in a single group is overkill. The majority of the time your group will go down is if you try to pull an entire zone, or the burst damage at the start of a fight. For the burst damage at the start of a fight there are ways to mitigate it (reads: Shield Flash). At the end of it all for me it's a matter of how I end up rezzing with a shaman that will determine which I'd prefer since Shaman cannot rez while in combat unless they have the rez stick (Unless you count the no EXP rezes, which leave you rezzing again after the fight).

Were it me, I'd drop the cleric and pick up a third spot for additional raw DPS. I'd choose Shd/Shm/Enc + Zerk + Zerk + Bst/Rog where the last DPS slot is a toss up based on my utilitarian needs. While rogue isn't my ideal selection for raw DPS, they are a melee toon with a great sustained damage and have the ability to traverse the environment without much concern for being seen with SoS which can be beneficial. You would also get the added ability to pick locks to get into area's without having to do keys when those situations arise.

But the most important thing is for you to enjoy what you are doing, so if you want 3 healers, to put a druid on you team as your only DPS, a ranger as a tank, and a naked toon as your CC then that's up to you.

Last edited:
With the group you have, drop the cleric or shaman and pick up any DPS. I would probably drop cleric myself since you are melee based. And then pick up a BST or just double up on BER.

One other thing to think about (because I find myself falling into this a lot) is that some decision is better than no decision. I tend to agonize over what to pick for a long time and do a lot of research as if it’s the last time I’m going to change my group composition.

Try it, see if you like it, and if not fall back to something else. Just make new characters on new accounts so you can swap compositions as often as you like.

My thoughts are that you dont really need to max dps when 6 boxing. I rather have the various utilities to make everything smooth and enjoyable.

Perhaps this setup: It is quite sustainable and good dps.
SK+SHM (gold) + ENC + MAG + BST + DRU. This will give you solid tanking and heals. Buffs/CC/ports/CotH/debuffs/heals/offtank/puller/track/forage etc and 4+ pets and BST mana regen. Its also priceless to see 6 toons + pets go Crock illusion on BST burns P
I agree. Plus I like variety over trying for maximizing. I run WAR, CLR, ENC, NEC, ROG, MNK. I have swapped the monk and nec for BST, MAG, BRD, etc and find that my group can do everything. I like the NEC for when things go south. I just feign and rez CLR and get right back in the action. Also, having darkness in dungeons is nice. ROG is good to grab pullers corpse when needed and sustained DPS is always good. ENC for obvious reasons. However, the monk can be swapped with anything. I just like it for sustained dps and CWTN and sic's MNK plugin works so damned well.

With the group you have, drop the cleric or shaman and pick up any DPS. I would probably drop cleric myself since you are melee based. And then pick up a BST or just double up on BER.
I agree. Sometimes taking longer longer to kill things is harder than having less healing and killing faster.

Question - Sk Sham Cleric Ench + +??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back