• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Simple Macro? (1 Viewer)

jadel

RedCents
Im wondering if theres something simpler than all the Bot type macros. Well something that seems simpler to me...

Im thinking about pressing one button to cast mutiple spells but with some logic rather than the built in macros.

For example:

1 buton casts Debuff until it sticks, dot until it sticks then nuke for as many times as you press it.

I think it would be handy for for my ISboxer guys.

Is it hard to do anyone know?

No eqbc I dont think, should I be?

Specifically I want to make something for my mage.

I tried the bot type macros and havent really got a good setup yet. I like to be able to send the pet onto a different target if I get aggro on my enc and the bots seem to like to choose their own targets somewhat.

So.

Id like to be able to press the one button and have it cast Malosi -- if it resists or fizzles cast again, then Elemental Maelstrom same deal resist fizzle, then just cast nuke Shock of Swords.

Not on repeat or anything just each time I press it.

what do you think?

I wouldnt box without EQBC.

http://www.redguides.com/wiki/MQ2EQBC

I would start with using mq2cast because it should recast on a fizzle. Without putting it into a macro its hard to code in just a hotkey if it resisted and to cast again so probably just watch the mobs buff window

Hotkeys/can put it all in one key but if it resists it will still move onto the next cast so probably separate keys for each cast.

Rich (BB code):
/bct Toonname //target Maintoon
/delay 10
/bct Toonname //assist 
/delay 10
/bct Toonname //Casting "Malosi" gem1

If this doesnt suit your needs I could write some simple macro to watch for resists and recast, you would just call that macro each time using EQBC from main toon.

with EQBC its amazing how easy it is to get your group moving around. I have hotkeys made for invis the entire group with different delays in between as to not make 4-5 toons all invis at the same time, same with following or setting camp ect.

Thanks,

So that would essentially just tell the mage to assist then cast right?

I use isboxer to do pretty much that so that a single key will send to one or two or all boxed chars.

What if it did

/casting Malosi
/casting Elemental Maelstrom
/casting Shock of Swords

Is there anyway to have it only do the first two once, resist or not.

Also-- when you say look at the mobs buff window-- im thinking this might be something that comes later in the games history maybe? Im on progression server. I dont think I can see what buffs/debuffs my target has yet.

Ahh yeah didnt know you were on progression.

It will only cast them once unless it fizzles. MQ2cast doesnt check for resists to recast it will just report it if need be for macro purposes.

You have to put a delay in between casts because the hot key is not going to wait for the cast to finish before the next line is sent.

I use ISboxer also but I dont use that feature.

Simple Macro?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back