• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - Should I be using downflag/holyflag? (1 Viewer)

cassandra

RedCents
705¢
I have never used downflag/holyflag and I don't really understand what it does despite reading all of the post I could find about it. Kissassist runs my team with perfection and utilizes all of their spells/abilities.

What will downflag/holyflag do for me that kissassist does not already do? Am I missing out on my teams full potential?

My Team:
1. Druid - Main Healer
2. Mage - Pet tank
3. Bard - Force Multiplier
4. DPS caster merc
5. DPS caster merc
6. DPS caster merc

If things are working great, then KISS baby! :)

Some of the flags I use are for the bard to fade when health is low (since the aggro section isn't working and it doesn't have ROF yet). I think you can also put an evac spell into the holy for the druid. And as I said in another thread, I can't get my pet hold to stop without putting in a downflag on the mage. I was thinking of trying to set a flag so my bard would fade if pulling more than 3, but I think that might not work in all situations, and I'd have to turn the flag off and on a lot.

If it all works great, I think leave it as is. Maybe there are other bard flags I don't know about that could be handy.

I have never used downflag/holyflag and I don't really understand what it does despite reading all of the post I could find about it. Kissassist runs my team with perfection and utilizes all of their spells/abilities.

What will downflag/holyflag do for me that kissassist does not already do? Am I missing out on my teams full potential?

My Team:
1. Druid - Main Healer
2. Mage - Pet tank
3. Bard - Force Multiplier
4. DPS caster merc
5. DPS caster merc
6. DPS caster merc

Cassandra,

What I use the downflags for are my clickie buffs, especially on my SK since he has lots of self buffs. Additionally, the down/holy flags allow you do add a little more flexability in some of your AA/Disc/Spells/etc to fire off. Say you only wanted a Disc to go off only on a named NPC when it is between 95-100% health, or you wanted feign death if your aggro is XX% higher than the main tank, or you want to cast a heal on an off tank when his aggro is greater than the main tanks. That is what I have gleaned from the down/holy flags.

Question - Should I be using downflag/holyflag?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back