• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Shaman utilisation questions (1 Viewer)

watisthis

RedCents
581¢
My little shaman is approaching 110 now, and so far has mainly just been a healer using a really badly mashed together Kissassist. He's doing an okay job of that, but I have some buff questions for you shaman gurus:

Incapacity: Should I be buffing all melee with it? Or only the MT? I'm not sure how much agro it generates.
Eyrzekla's Recourse: Is there ever a good time to use these recourse type group healing spells? Should I just be casting it on engage for certain named that AE?
Ameliorating Couterbias: What situation would I use this, cause I don't think it stacks with Incapacitate? (might be wrong)

Thanks in advance guys/girls

Incapacity: I only give this to the tank
Recourse: I let the shaman use this whenever, but my shaman is NOT the primary healer in the group.
Counterbias: As a primary healer shaman, this should be your main slow spell. The slow debuff likely does not stack with Incapacity so the higher of the 2 will stick. The HOT component should stack, though. If you're more dps oriented, use Turgur's Swarm as your slow.

Counterbias: As a primary healer shaman, this should be your main slow spell. The slow debuff likely does not stack with Incapacity so the higher of the 2 will stick. The HOT component should stack, though. If you're more dps oriented, use Turgur's Swarm as your slow.

I personally never use Counterbias, the HoT is weak and unnoticeable, the slow is garbage, and generally if I'm running incap on the MT that's enough before I'll Turgur. Counterbias USED to be good, but now it's just mediocre and a waste of a gem slot in most cases.

(My main character is Shaman that I manually play regularly in raid)

Shaman Slows - So the various slow debuffs can stack as "buffs" on mobs, but you'll only get the highest slow percent for actual slow. Incapacity on MA. It does generate some aggro via slow and mini-heal for the tank. Tank belt (Tendon Slice proc) & Incap are both 25% slow, so one or the other should land pretty quick on everything hitting the tank.

If you are running a mezzer, I'd take the time to slow the main mob with Turgur's AA slow since you get 75% slow/cripple/dot in one cast. If you're killing mobs in 20 seconds, maybe you can skip this, but I'd keep Turgurs in Burn or DPS+cond for ${Target.Named}

If you're not running a mezzer or doing backup heals, then you'd want to use debuffall option in DPS to max slow everything single-ly as a top priority. Or use your AE/PBAE/Cone slows via the AE section or Xtarget conditions.

Shaman Heals - Shammies are the Heal over Time masters, so you can let your HoTs keep the group up and focus on the MA.

Cloud of Renewal - Main group HoT that you can actually just run in Buffs & DPS. Just add a condition that checks if the sham already has it running. !${Me.Song[Cloud of Renewal].ID}

Roar - Your big melee proc buff, but also has a group HoT. Should be an early cast in DPS. With group BP effect, you can have this running about 75% of the time on a 1 min recast.

Ameliorating Couterbias - Another 75% slow option + HoT on mobs target. I personally don't run it and use the AA slow instead (can choose target for slow), but would suggest checking if it stacks with Cloud/Roar.

Eyrzekla's Recourse - Since it's a group heal, KA will watch for the group's average health to hit the trigger percentage. I do run this because it acts like another "HoT" but stacks with everything. It puts cascading buffs that heal the group, then replace themselves with another buff that does the same. You need to run a condition that checks for the healing buffs so you're not overwriting them before they heal. !${Me.Song[Eyrzekla].ID}

This eq forum's thread has some good info on shaman spell setups and healing/ADPS for groups & raids.

Great info all round. Thanks guys.

eqtrader, holy crap that thread you linked makes me wonder if I should switch to shaman full time. I don't think I am anywhere near good enough to do the KA ini for that many conditions lol. A brilliant read, and has given me a crap ton to think about.

Cheers

Question - Shaman utilisation questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back