• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Settings for Computers to play EQ better? (1 Viewer)

Gnomesrule

RedCents
Anyone know of a good post or place to go that has good information for preparing your computer for multiple sessions of EQ on same computer?

Like what programs you can turn off in Program manager?
What Ingame features to turn off or lower to reduce system memmory?
What diffrent settings for Hard drives, video cards, and stuff like that you can change in Windows XP?

My computer handles 2 accounts pretty well, but the 3 of them gets laggy on zoning and loading the game.

Changing from 32 bit color to 16 bit color seemed to help me, tho I have no idea where I came up with that or if it actually does anything at all =P.

This should get you started

http://majorgeeks.com/page.php?id=12

Yes 16 bit depth is a good thing to do, also hardware is a major factor since Windows is a huge resource hog with tons of overhead hence why I run Mandriva but besides all that I have gotten Win XP SP2 running cleanly as I can with no pagefile and running about 120mb of ram idle.

Not all comps like to run without a pagefile, main reason would be lack of memory but I run 3 accts on 1 box occasionally but I use 2gb of PC3200 and lavishsoft.com 's eqw and playnice for keeping my mem clean of unwanted soe crap

Settings for Computers to play EQ better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back