• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

setgrav (1 Viewer)

Sum1

Warriors are inferior (read: crybaby) tanks
RedCents
5,402¢
Hey folks,

I'm looking for some information on the /Setgrav command and exactly what the client/server interaction is. I did a quick search of the forums and didn't quite see anything like I'm wondering about, so here goes...

I want to use the setgrav to take care of some things, but I also don't necessarily want to spam the server with some detectable movement packets or anything like that. Can someone give me a basic idea of how it works and a "how safe is it to use" guide?

Also, if I wanted to setgrav so if I warped under the world I wouldn't fall or anything, would that be setgrav -1 and then I would warp as usual (well, prior to this warp/packet hoopla that is)? Is experience distance calculated the same as other distances in EQ (i.e. x, y axis only... not z axis)?

Basically, what I'm trying to do is set up something where I can warp directly under the world underneith my toon while he's afk exping. I don't want the toons above the world because I don't like them visible and it might be dangerous for them I mess up and the crap hits the fan. Popping them above the area where I'll be exping is also an option, although I'm not sure how the /setgrav numbers would be altered to accomodate that.

Any ideas/help is much appreciated. Thanks all.

Setgrav will get you banned right now, that is if you can find a plugin to use that'll do it for you. People are working on getting things like warp back to a level of relative safety, but until then, you don't want to be using things like setgrav.

Yea, I know warp and speed, etc, etc is all on the back burner... I wasn't sure, however, how exactly setgrav worked and/or fit into the bigger picture.

Hey all,

looking for a working mq2setgrav plugin.

From what I understand its not quite in the same category as ghost, piggyzone, speed, etc.

setgrav

Users who are viewing this thread

Back