• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Server Transfers (1 Viewer)

evil_necro_01

RedCents
I'm not really sure if this is the right forum to be asking this question. I am going to ask it here anyway. :)

There are many guides out there that claim to explain how to transfer characters to other servers even if you were not the original owner. I am wondering if anyone has ever seen, used or knows of someone who has. Please let me know. Just trying to save a buck.

The only way I have ever known to server transfer a character for cheaper than $75, and you not being the original owner; Was the Legends server trick, and since SOE discontinued the Legends server, that way is nerfed.

I don't think there is another way without having the original account information and paying for one outright. Then again I could be wrong.

Anyone else have an idea or opinion on this?

99.9% of the time unless you are the original owner of the account, they will not allow you to transfer.

There are guides that say for $20 they will explain how to transfer without being the original owner. That is what I want to try to avoid buying.

Im wondering if anyone here knows how its done.

Last edited:
I have done it non-original owner before but you was when I could change security question so i just made sure that all the info for registration and billing were exactly the same and I had absolutely no contact with any human written e-mail or phonecall for the process and it cost me 50 bucks.

this was acct1 to acct 2 on same server

the other acct did have a history of more than 1 owner still worked fine. I dont think anyone actually looks at the transfer if everything matches up the automated system does all the work. If something doesnt match then somone has to look at it and could possibly deny you

Make up a good story saying that you don't have the oringinal CC info since your family member purchased the account as a present for you, and since it's been so long, you no longer have the CD keys because they were tossed with the original packaging.

I just transferred a toon a few weeks ago this method even though I was not the original owner.

When I first requested the transfer, I got denied. That is when I replied with my sob story. Try to make it as real sounding as possible and I'd even log into the station account and look at previous billing. You can get the names of all the previous owners and when they paid for subscriptions. Use the names and say they were family. Cousins, aunts, uncles, be specific and convincing.

After i submitted my reply, I had the character transferred within 24 hours.

(ps - redcent if this works for you =P)

Can comfirm that if billing a registration info matches address and everything has to be the same word for word space for space... and automated system will do it for you... Last transfer I did I didn't even have secret password.

This was about a year and a half ago I purchased an account from player auctions and I changed all information I was able to change. Email address billing method with my current address and I put in a transfer from one server (account I bought) to another server that was my original account. It took one full week but when I logged on that day it was complete. That was one character, I then decided since that worked I would transfer another character from same account and that one only took two days with no problems and no questions asked.

Like I said though that was a year and half ago so not sure how thorough they check transfers now.

If you are just looking to transfer and you just bought the account I say wait. change all the info so it is in your name the cc info the account info and then after about 5-6 months just go to eq and request a transfer.

I have merged accounts two different accounts and neither were mine and did that after about a year of all the info in my name. If you change the info and then just go for the transfer they will ask for a bunch of crap.

To answer your original question. Some of the guides you see for sale on Player auctions and other sites to transfer as non-original owner still say you will need the last 4 digits of the cc originally used. If you dont have this then the techniques may not work. Those guides also offer some other info about transfering prior to the 6 month rules and such. If you have the original credit card info though, you dont need the guide, go figure.
That being said. I have transferred accounts that were not my own. All info MUST match on both accounts as stated above. Billing info and registration. If any flags are thrown though, good luck on the sob story. Some make it thru, some dont.

The sob story about you not having your CC will not work if you're talking with a by-the-book CSR.
All CC information -MUST- be kept by the bank for 5 years. So unless it's 5+ years old you are just told to talk to the bank to get those 4 digits.

i transferred an account that was givin to me by an old friend, i did not have any original info but changed the account info to mine, and had been paying the account on a credit card of mine for over 6 months.

so, from the gist of this thread and several others is this: buy account, change billing address and credit card info...let the account get billed to your credit card for a few months or so, then transfer it to an original account/server and wah lah? despite no previous owner info. or CC information? sounds like this will be my best way...i tried to transfer a new toon i bought and got shot down...but then again, i had just bought the account, changed the info. and applied for the transfer...1st month billing didn't even go through yet...but, they DID change my name without any issue...great info. guys...thanks

If you make a good story as to why you don't have the previous info, there is still a chance they will transfer stuff for you. I was able to server transfer a character on an account after I'd owned the account for about 3 days. They responded to my first request and I made up a false, but quite believeable story and they transferred it with no more questions asked.

I do have the name of the previous owner, but nothing else (well, I also have the answer to the secret question). I could make something up, but for some reason I get nervous thinking they could contact that previous owner or do other things to try and verify the story. Does that ever happen or am I just burning too much leaf? Thanks again guys...if I'm bothersome, just keep in mind that I'm a "Little cute forum newbie!"

Make up a story. What's there to lose? I mean, even if they do contact the original owner (which I'm about 99.999% sure they won't) what's the worst they could do? They aren't going to ban you because they "believe" you made up some hack story to transfer a character you already have the access to login.

There is a little trick I use to gain a little more knowledge about the account, it's owners, and previous purchases.
www.eqplayers.com

Go to My Account.
Sign in.
Click the "Store Purchases" link.
Sign in again.
Click "View All"

That will show you any store puchases. If someone paid with credit card, their name will show up when you click the link for that store purchase. It will not show credit card numbers or cd-keys, but you atleast have the persons name so you can reference them as your uncle/aunt/cousin.

Server Transfers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back