• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Seems MQ2 cannot tell the difference between Talisman of the Ry'Gorr and Talisman of the Enduring (1 Viewer)

RedCents
83¢
So I'm bored and for my first "real" macro I'm trying to write a MGB macro that will trigger my toons to MGB their respective class buffs when someone in GL asks for MGB.

In doing so, I have noticed that MQ2 cannot distinguish between Talisman of the Ry'Gorr (hp buff) and Talisman of the Enduring (regen). Ry'Gorr's ID is 59826, while Enduring's ID is 59678.

I have tried the following both in and out of a macro:
/cast ${Spell[Talisman of the Enduring]}
Result: Casts Ry'Gorr

/cast ${Spell[59678]}
Result: Casts Ry'Gorr

The only way to make it work is to bypass all the syntax outright and just tell it to /cast 2, and there's no fun in that!

So just bringing this to anyone's attention. Also could be that I am just plain wrong :)

Just tested on my 115 shaman, and if you have the correct spell memmed, it will work fine (you can have both memmed, it will work). Not sure what the issue is, but that is a workaround (mem first, then cast).

Just tested on my 115 shaman, and if you have the correct spell memmed, it will work fine (you can have both memmed, it will work). Not sure what the issue is, but that is a workaround (mem first, then cast).
So I am working on a MGB macro mainly just to learn more about the syntax here. I've set the macro up to do this in this order:
Checks to see what class, if Shaman it assigns Ry'Gorr to "buffone" and Enduring to "bufftwo" and then mems the two of them. When MGB is called, it SHOULD be casting them both, but it just casts Ry'Gorr twice. I've even added quotes around the spells.

Not sure where this is going wrong :(

Pasting the pertinent provisions below (it's obviously not very tight, I just wanna get the bones working first)

MGB snippet:
:ShammyPrep
    /declare BuffOne outer
    /declare BuffTwo outer
    /varset BuffOne Talisman of the Ry'Gorr
    /echo Just set BuffOne to ${BuffOne}
    /delay 1s
    /varset BuffTwo Talisman of the Enduring
    /echo Just set BuffTwo to ${BuffTwo}
    /delay 1s
    /goto :Mem

:Mem
    /echo Now in mem loop
    /if (${Me.Gem[1].Name.Equal[${BuffOne}]}) {
        } else /if (${Me.Gem[1].Name.NotEqual[${BuffOne}]}) {
            /memspell 1 "${BuffOne}"
            /echo Memorizing Spell 1
            /delay 5s
        } else /if (${Me.Gem[1]}==NULL) {
            /memspell 1 "${BuffOne}"
            /echo Memorizing Spell 1
            /delay 5s
        }
    /if (${BuffTwo.NotEqual[NULL]}) {
        /echo WE HAVE A SECOND SPELL
        /if (${Me.Gem[2].Name.Equal[${BuffTwo}]}) {
            } else /if (${Me.Gem[2].Name.NotEqual[${BuffTwo}]}) {
                /memspell 2 "${BuffTwo}"
                /echo Memorizing Spell 2
                /delay 5s
            } else /if (${Me.Gem[2]}==NULL) {
                /memspell 2 "${BuffTwo}"
                /echo Memorizing Spell 2
                /delay 5s
                }
        } else {
            /echo All done here
            /goto :loop
        }

:OneBuff
        /echo CASTING ${BuffOne}
        /cast "${BuffOne}"
        /delay 2s
        /if (${BuffTwo.NotEqual[NULL]}) {
            /goto :TwoBuff
        } else /goto :Sit

:TwoBuff
    /echo Now in the SECOND buff stage
        /if (${Me.AltAbilityReady[Tranquil Blessings]}) {
            /alt act 992
            /delay 3s
        } else {
            /echo TRANQ NOT READY YET
            /delay 5s
            /goto :TwoBuff
        }
        /cast "${BuffTwo}"
        /delay 2s
        /goto :Sit

Okay, did some research. It's not a bug -- and you also don't need to wrap anything in `${Spell[]}` for the cast command.
/cast takes 1 or 2 arguments: the first is either a gem number _or_ a spell name (which is just a string). The second is an action of some sort (what it is doesn't actually matter). What you need to do is use quotes around the spell name (importantly without wrapping in ${Spell[]}!) as the argument to cast, or it will interpret only the first word as the spell name ("Talisman") and find the first partial match you have memmed.

Problem - Seems MQ2 cannot tell the difference between Talisman of the Ry'Gorr and Talisman of the Enduring

Users who are viewing this thread

Back