• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Secret Plugins (1 Viewer)

TSPlayer62

RedCents
I am told there is secret plugins that go unanounced and only way to get em is to write em urself like cshome and make yourself a gm serverside crazy shit like that any1 have this stuff?

PS you dont have to post the plugins if you dont want but i just wanna know if this stuff is possible

1) What about CSHOME?
2) There is a plugin that makes you a GM CLIENT SIDE , however.. if you try any GM commands you'll be insta-banned on log out
3) Never heard of these "sercret" plugins

Devlin said:
1) What about CSHOME?
2) There is a plugin that makes you a GM CLIENT SIDE , however.. if you try any GM commands you'll be insta-banned on log out
3) Never heard of these "sercret" plugins

1)CSHOME= Customer Service home this plugin for players getting to it
2) The plugin that makes u a GM clientside the commands do nothing because it is client side... im looking for one that is SERVER SIDE
3) that is what im asking in the first place....

I odn't know if anyone has a plugin to get you into cshome, nor a plugin to trick the server into thinking your a GM. Both of those plugins would be almost instant ban anyway.

Any plugins that you've heard of, but can't find here, is someone personal use plugin, or one they charge money for. Most of which are pretty major hacks.

In short, what you looking for isn't posted here on Redguides (that I know of) but someone might have something similar to what you want in their personal stash. Although good luck in trying to get them to give it to you.

TSPlayer62 said:
1)CSHOME= Customer Service home this plugin for players getting to it
2) The plugin that makes u a GM clientside the commands do nothing because it is client side... im looking for one that is SERVER SIDE
3) that is what im asking in the first place....

1) I know what it is, your question was vague
2) Instant-Ban, If you ever get it try typing in " /summon "
3) You don't have to get snotty.

~Thanks

Maybe it would be helpful to suggest that you'd crash without the CSHome zone files on your client instead of flaming this person.

Maybe it would also be helpful to suggest that if you tried any GM type commands on your Client Side without server side knowing GM=True, then you'd be banned or just have a reply that the command wasn't found. As far as the plugin, if there is one that's worth while (and why you'd really need it) is really the question.

No one's getting snotty, Devlin.

-TurkReno

i used the /summon command before it doesnt do nething same thing with /kill alls it does is make a window pop up that says do you wish to do this to %T? so in short clientside GM does nothing cept make your name green for only you to see...

There ultimately would be a way to /summon and /kill a player without having to call it a GM plugin. Its really a matter of personal creativity. If you wanted your name green Serverside, then you'd have some other commands at your disposal as well, such as /pr (/private channel) where the GM's talk when they decide to speak.

-TurkReno

TurkReno, You don't have to get an attitude with me because of something else..

I was trying to explain to TSPlayer62 that there "pretty much" is nothing of that sorts except someone selling it for a WHOLE LOTTA money

Without the files to CSHOME you can't get in there either way, If you want I could give them to you..
However there is only 2 known ways ( known on redguides ) of getting in there,
1) Get the Guide belt that ports you to cshome
2) Get a summon from a guide
But even if you ever did get into cshome, you wouldn't be able to access any merchants, etc etc+

MQ2GM is a tad bit wrong, cause when you /kill something on a Guide=True account, it just instantly kills em.. No Questionnare box.. )

How many questions does it take to get to the same answer? Not trying to be mean, but such plug-ins don't exist on redguides. People might have their own personal plug-ins, but they aren't here for one reason. The person doesn't want it nerfed.

Bottom line, if you don't know how to program it, it realistically doesn't exist.

I see Majin's point of view and agree. Creating those types of plugins aren't what I'm here to support because, again, it will only get you banned. I'm not here to support the banning of players.

Howabout, no one's going to share them because they'll get nerfed, or because then people will be able to farm DoN crystals (for example) or whatever just as fast, or faster, than the person who wrote it, nullifying that advantage. It's a very pleasant shock when people like Tone share plugins like MQ2Mission, MQ2TDoN, etc.

Majin ftw...
Bottom line, if you don't know how to program it, it realistically doesn't exist.

The original question was do these things exist, and people have answered that yes, you can do a lot more than the stuff that's available here.

I just wanted to say look at what cronic was doing. You maybe don't know who he is, or you would have answered your own question already. He came out with plugins lots of people never even knew could be done, like trading nodrop gear from character to character without using shared bank, or killing mobs without being attacked, or being able to equip any item on any character in any slot. Shit can be done, it's just like they said...if you can't program it yourself, don't figure that you'll ever get to see that kind of stuff unless you're willing to pay large sums of $, and even then you might not see it, cause some people have a spine and a brain connected to that spine.

If such a plugin ever did/does/could exist could you ensure it never exists here, imagine how many redguides users would get banned and suddenley wouldnt need to use this site anymore ??

I saw a war on my mq2map say he was going to pull. I saw him go into a pack of mobs and agro like 6-7 of them and named. Pulled and then all of a sudden all the other mobs were snared cept named. I could tell by the drastic slow down of mobs on my map. The named kept coming at full speed. Then all the mobs including named lost agro and started pathing back. Then its like he stood up from FD and just the named came. I ve never played a war but i dont think this is posible. It had to be a plugin/plugins. It was like a bard was pulling

There are, with out question, things that go unplublished or unreleased on these boards.

At one time, Ghost killing with rangers, rogues and zerks was an example of a plugin that was not released to the public. This in combination with Tones Don plugins, pretty much made it easy to farm crystals 24/7. I assure you, this behavior repeated server wide, greatly affected the server's crystal economy.

At one point, there was a bug with cleric swarm hammers, which was quickly turned into a plugin that allowed you to essentially hammer swam kill mobs quick - this went relatively undistributed as well before the bug was fixed.

Typically, what you are going to find is, people with mad coding skills, eventually want to get paid for those skills and thus, either do not release their plugins and farm for cash for resale to the yantis of the world, or they themselves are trying to become the next yantis.

The ghost plugin I am talking about specifically, eventually became unavailable to others because:

1. people were trying to jack the coders code.

2. he selected a person from each server to run ghost plugins for the SOLE purpose of having these people sell him their plats at a decent price, relative to the other sites which he resold himself.

So yea...there are things that the general MQ users may never be aware of that others who are talented enough, write for themselves or for profit whether selling the plugin or profit in the form of farmed plat for resale. Whats more, there are macs that go unreleased as well that are insane.

Plugins aren't the only things that go unplublished to the masses. This, believe it or not, is a good thing, and not for the reasons you would expect. I am speaking from a game integrity/in game economy integrity perspective....

When MMs first came out, I wrote a simple little mac that ran around in the Trains mission. I grew several toons from scratch to level 70. In all i think before that mission was completely destroyed, I managed to grow a druid to 70+ AAs, 2 rangers to 70 + AAs as well as ran up my AA totals on my tank, cleric, enchanter and wizard.

In all, that ONE unreleased macro netted me in the range of 200 levels and well over 2k AAs between 6 accounts. It was a tough decision. I wanted to share what I had done but knew, as soon as I did, lguk would be over run with 24/7 afk macroers which would lead to the mission being nerfed. I ended up deciding to keep it to myself to preserve my accounts as well as not draw any additional attention to the mission, which i believe others had written macs for as well......kind of sucks. Damned if you do, damned if you don't sorta thing.

I sure do miss coming home and having 20-24 x 6 AAs a day to spend though.....

As everyone else said, some of these things do exist but why would anyone want to share them is another issue. EQ is a business and I, for example, don't want more competition so I keep certain things to myself. You can always buy plugins from people who sell them, that will give you some of the 'uber' plugins. Either you have the brains or you have the money, there are no free lunches.

I'm not sure if it's about more people getting banned for less, I think it's a case of more dumb players having access to these powerful plugins and getting caught easier.

While we are on the subject I'll share with you the best plugin story I know of. A coder that had some great skills and an out of the box mentaility foud out how to bypass the name check when you create a new toon. Basically having another toon with the same name running around on the same server. (granted I am sure there is more to it then this) Why would this be cool you ask? Outside of running up a hallway and running into a toon that had the same race and class, but also have the same name would cause a double take there are other advantages. Say you are a level one toon with the same name as some epic Anguish geared 75 level player. While raiding he gets killed. The level one toon could walk up and loot the 70 level character's gear. Imagine getting to your corpse and it being naked and you are allready naked. Needless to say mayham insued. After tons of "/petition My corpse is naked and gear is gone", the servers were brought down. The coder just laughed and everyone got there gear back. Now granted stealing from other players is wrong, no if's and's or but's. But damn it was a little funny seeing SOE scramble to fix the hack. They even put a message in the patcher.

It was a real anarchist dream. Wreck havoc.

I tell this tale just to show that if you have the skillz and know how and get creative just about anything is possible.

Here are some really good stories about the plugins that use to be around:

http://www.fohguild.org/forums/mmorpg-general-discussion/23629-eq-hacks-stories-links.html

The bottom line is those plugins will do several things.

1. Piss of your fellow players.
2. They throw off the balance of the game (see crystal's)
3. They always get you banned (sooner or later)
4. Did I mention they get you banned

I believe using the plugins to make the game more manageable is totally cool. I also believe that I should not do anything to disrupt or otherwise screw over my fellow gamers. After all that is SOE's job.

Last edited:
morlock said:
It was a real hackers dream. Wreck havoc.
It was a real moron's dream. What you're talking about is a 12 year old malicious idiot (or if I should give it a serious name: A malicious cracker) who as nothing better to do than grief on other people to get sexual pleasure.

A "real" hackers dream would be more in line with digging through code to fix a bug which would help a lot of people.

The plugin you speak of also deguilded people once they were offline, so essentially what went on is people used a kill packet, booted the person, created another player with that name, found the corpse, looted the corpse and then sold everything on it. That's the kind of thing that really does piss people off though.

September 22nd, 2005

*** Exploit ***

- Fixed an exploit with a character being created with the name of an existing character.
I could point fingers, but I won't...and don't bother PMing me about the offset because it a) doesn't work and b) that's just not cool.

4 confirmed days of absolute hell on EQ happened because of it. Creative, maybe. Idiotic, Oh yes. I'm leaving this thread now.

-TurkReno

EvenLessSpam said:
It was a real moron's dream. What you're talking about is a 12 year old malicious idiot (or if I should give it a serious name: A malicious cracker) who as nothing better to do than grief on other people to get sexual pleasure.

A "real" hackers dream would be more in line with digging through code to fix a bug which would help a lot of people.

This is true. Although I think he was 19.

Last edited:
Secret Plugins

Users who are viewing this thread

Back