• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Bug - SC store flaw. (1 Viewer)

RedCents
143¢
If you have 925 SC and are a gold member you can purchase a Potion of the Craftsman(1000SC...900SC with the member discount) and Daybreak will charge your credit card 10 bucks and eat your 900 SC.

Thought I could use my monthly SC to get a potion of the craftsman when I was doing the Shawl Aug... got a surprise double tap instead.

I'm now convinced that Columbus Nova is a worthless corporation that should be expunged from the multiverse...

Could have been a mistake, but computers don't change their habits, like live things do... they just do exactly what they're told to do, exactly the way they're told to do it.

Gonna try it again when my account builds up enough SC.

When my account gets builds up enough to do it again, I will. Just to be sure that it wasn't just a glitch.
I don't believe that Daybreak is good for EQ anymore... At first I thought it didn't matter who runs the corporation; it does.
If it wasn't just a glitch, then I will be ' petitioning ' it through my bank, because it is a fraudulent charge.
Columbus Nova is an investment firm. I'm not a cow to be milked.

uh dont wait that long, petition now. Someone in guild chat echoed this same issue with a 200sc purchase. Please petition for restitution.

Put the tinfoil hats away no company is going to purposely double charge consumers they would open themselves up to thousands of lawsuits its not good business.

Maybe this is why Sony sold the game. Because they noticed it and went oh shit we're going to have to go back through all of our micro-transactions for the past 4 years or whatever and fork out 7 tons of $2.00 and $5.00 charges that people just didn't notice or wrote off thinking, "Oh I guess I didn't have enough SC to buy that afterall.", like I almost did. But then I was like no wait... I was close to 1000... 25 is no where near 1000!

Maybe this is why Sony sold the game. Because they noticed it and went oh shit we're going to have to go back through all of our micro-transactions for the past 4 years or whatever and fork out 7 tons of $2.00 and $5.00 charges that people just didn't notice or wrote off thinking, "Oh I guess I didn't have enough SC to buy that afterall.", like I almost did. But then I was like no wait... I was close to 1000... 25 is no where near 1000!

sigh they would still be liable for it because it was done when they owned SOE.

ok, gave this a couple days of thought before posting and REALY trying to not flame here but REALLY, to have actual MONEY taken from your bank account is not a 1 click process and certainly not an automatic process, me thinks someone is for lack of a better word... mistaken of the facts here....

- - - Updated - - -

And FYI posting GARBAGE for the sake of post counts and free REDCENTS is a quick way to get banned here, just sayin

ok, gave this a couple days of thought before posting and REALY trying to not flame here but REALLY, to have actual MONEY taken from your bank account is not a 1 click process and certainly not an automatic process, me thinks someone is for lack of a better word... mistaken of the facts here....

- - - Updated - - -

i cant really say or anyone but leadership here say anyone would get banned but i agree - its absured to think buy you selecting a item with enough SC to get it you get charged for it - when in fact there is no way for soe , daybreak or any other game to charge your card via online without the 3 digit security code to verify the purchase - so gonna have to agree with razkle on this one -
And FYI posting GARBAGE for the sake of post counts and free REDCENTS is a quick way to get banned here, just sayin

making posts that are inaccurate and for the sole purpose to acquire redcents, as he did 30+ yeah I am sure redbot will look into it....

If he were to post something false to gain redcents, this wouldn't be the best way. It's just a simple heads-up, nothing more.

It didn't ask for the 3 digit security code. But my card is saved and my accounts are on auto-subscription.

I grow Cannabis plants and sell them for about $2500 each (yes legally)... I didn't post it for redcents or post counts... I don't give 2 shits about the 10 bucks. It's the principle of it and years ago that 10 bucks would have likely thrown me into a $25 overcharge fee loop.

making posts that are inaccurate and for the sole purpose to acquire redcents, as he did 30+ yeah I am sure redbot will look into it....

For real though I heard a similar account from someone in game but it was to the tune of $2.00. It sounds like a new glitch in their SC store, nothing i've heard of before the past week or so. I doubt this is some redcent mining endeavor. I have no idea how they have their accounts billing set up, if they have a card on record it might be different than myself who deletes payment methods after used on some accounts.

Again bud i do not see how it is possible to charge your card even with it being on file. If u do it online in my account or in game any purchase u make you habe to enter the 3 digit code i pay for 15 qccounts and have been doing so for years and never ever had trouble not calling you a liar but i dont see it possible.

Well there was a store exploit that got people banned and people logged in as level 50 on the new server. So I don't see an extra charge on someones account as impossible.

Bug - SC store flaw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back