• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

rollling hack? (1 Viewer)

It is done serverside and is supposedly based upon your timestamp vs the server's timestamp, lag, and a random roll.

Ok, I'll go ahead and explain how rolling is done in _EVERY_ MMORPG. The "random" function is basically a math calculation done on your PC time using the ctime library. However, in an MMORPG, the random function is performed on the server side and sent to the clients so it is based on the server's time. That means that the only way to guess a random is to be able to accurately know what the server's time says at any given time and perfectly time a random so that when the server's time when put into the function will bring out your desired roll.

In laymen's terms, a roll hack is next to impossible.

A roll hack is brought up every few months on every board I am on. I hope that hacks like this would be at the top of SOE list for prevention since it is designed to hurt other players. While many of the things I do might give me an advantage, they do not directly affect others.

That being said I hope there is more to the random number generated because that sounds hackable to me. Would not be easy tho...

Secondly it seems the easier way would not be to hack the /ran 5 500 instruction but to spoof a message with your roll results hehe...

The only way possible to spoof the message would be if SoE managed to fuck up the way message packets were handled and players could send the server message packets that were returned to the client on the same color code as a random.

haha.. finally someone figured out my dupe method. But im sorry to inform you that the method is nerfed... arg.

rollling hack?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back