• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tech - RGUpdate v1.0.2 - Access to the path '...RGUpdate.exe.PendingOverwrite' is denied. (1 Viewer)

azereki

RedCents
16¢
Below is the text pasted from the JIT debugger. I have set all of the .exe's to run as admin and ensured that the folder is not read-only. I am still encountering this error everytime I try to run the updater for the first time in an empty folder.

I saw the issue with the MQ2Main.dll in the install thread, but haven't experienced any problems with this particular file myself. I can run the Updater again and it appears to Extract successfully on subsequent attempts.

Furthermore, EQ crashes every time MQ2 is run. I only experience this issue when running the RedGuides compile of MQ2. My personal compile has not encountered any problems. Obviously, I would prefer to use the RedGuides version instead, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Macroquest2\RGUpdate.exe.PendingOverwrite' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.File.InternalDelete(String path, Boolean checkHost)
at Ionic.Zip.ZipEntry.InternalExtract(String baseDir, Stream outstream, String password)
at RGUpdate.Form1.<>c__DisplayClass4.<extractDllFiles>b__0(ZipEntry entry)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.ForEach(Action`1 action)
at RGUpdate.Form1.extractDllFiles()
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
RGUpdate
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Macroquest2/RGUpdate.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
Ionic.Zip
Assembly Version: 1.9.1.8
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Macroquest2/RGUpdate.exe

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

- - - Updated - - -

I got MQ2 working without crashing, so it must have been a plugin that I had enabled and shouldn't have. The original issue with the overwrite still appears, but it looks like it's not fatal to the installation.

What plugin was crashing you? MQ2advdps?
I wish there was a better way to narrow it down, I'd have to go through enabling/disabling each of them in the Updater settings. I couldn't even make it to character select without the client crashing though. Originally, I had basically enabled everything in the settings, thinking that it wouldn't make a difference. I've since narrowed it down to just the bare minimum needed for KissAssist and the included macros and everything works fine.

50 50 50 enable top half of plugins. Load see if it crashes . If not load bottom half. if crashes select top half of bottom see if crashes. Just keep selecting half to see where you are crashing fastest way to find it.

50 50 50 enable top half of plugins. Load see if it crashes . If not load bottom half. if crashes select top half of bottom see if crashes. Just keep selecting half to see where you are crashing fastest way to find it.
Good call, I will mess around with it and report back once I'm fairly certain I've found the trouble plugin.

Tech - RGUpdate v1.0.2 - Access to the path '...RGUpdate.exe.PendingOverwrite' is denied.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back