• IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Ranger help plz

RedCents
Sorry if this is answered but how can I get my ranger to drop back and only use his bow instead of melee? I've tried a few things and I'm out of ideas

RedCents
623¢
Code:
[Melee]
AssistAt=95
MeleeOn=0
FaceMobOn=1
MeleeDistance=200
StickHow=snaproll rear
AutoFireOn=1
UseMQ2Melee=1
you do need to set your ranger up outside of camp just a tab. he won't move back. but i was thinking maybe with melee you adjust the stick command to moveback 50

Last edited:
RedCents
Now he either runs around and ends up meleeing or just stands there ugh.....

RedCents
740¢
Now he either runs around and ends up meleeing or just stands there ugh.....
could you post up your melee section from inside your kissassist (Like Jamie did) and also your mq2melee settings from your server_charname file in your release folder

RedCents
[Melee]
AssistAt=95
MeleeOn=0
FaceMobOn=1
MeleeDistance=200
StickHow=snaproll rear
AutoFireOn=1
UseMQ2Melee=1
first one
[MQ2Rez]
accept=on
thats all thats there

RedCents
740¢
ok what about inside the release folder (not the macro folder). you will have a file that is Servername_Charactername --- shoot us those guts

RedCents
740¢
so if you don't have a copy/pasted section in there, you will want to create it from in game --- inside the game (and assuming mq2melee is loaded you will want to /melee save

Q. Why is there no ini file in my Macroquest folder?
A.
MQ2Melee does not automatically create your character ini file. You must use the following command to create the file.

/melee save
Here are the option definitions from the Macroquest2 wiki for ranger. Once you do the /melee save in game you can edit your file for those options.

To go back to your issue, here's a response eqmule gave someone a few days ago. You may just need mq2nav and a mesh

Usemq2melee=1 is correct but make sure mq2melee is loaded
I don’t unload mq2melee. It was probably done by the other kiss version.
Also stickhow can be whatever no need for move back
U need mq2nav and a proper mesh loaded as well.

RedCents
I figured out to make a mq2 save I put in all the right things the zone is meshed and he still just stands there both my other toons function pretty well