• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Random issue? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
315¢
I tried a quick search with no help. Random LS zones on random mobs. I can sometimes go for a few hours with no issues. Then randomly I'll pull one to camp that none but my shamans pet will do any realistic damage. This is with everything on auto. Luckily I've been watching. And it will take the pet what seems like 20 minutes to kill said mob. Visually I can see what looks like the group is trying to do their part but nothing either melee or casting does any damage beside the shaman pet?? Any suggestions on what to look for, or is this a known issue that I've once again seemed to have missed?

Solution
This is probably a current EQ bug where the mob reports as out of range to every character's spells and attacks except for pets. You should see the red out of range messages in your combat log. If so, try moving the mob a short distance and the issue will often correct itself. You may have to back off the pets to get the mob to move.
I have seen issues where my chars will stop automation. typically with a bard in group. causing Xtar window to bug out and leave a stale entry.
I manually have to go through each toon and empty the top slots and reset them to auto.
Could this be the issue you are having?

This is probably a current EQ bug where the mob reports as out of range to every character's spells and attacks except for pets. You should see the red out of range messages in your combat log. If so, try moving the mob a short distance and the issue will often correct itself. You may have to back off the pets to get the mob to move.

Solution
I have seen issues where my chars will stop automation. typically with a bard in group. causing Xtar window to bug out and leave a stale entry.
I manually have to go through each toon and empty the top slots and reset them to auto.
Could this be the issue you are having?
No bard in group. I've tried resetting camp mid fight too and no luck.

I'll give that a try next time it pops up

Question - Random issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back