• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tech - Ragefire Issues / Incompatibility :( (1 Viewer)

RedCents
60¢
is macroquest / kissassist ever going to be fully functional on Ragefire like it is on all other servers? :( I hope so, any admins / programmers can advise please?

I love Ragefire, and MQ2- rage has brought me and a lot of other player who miss then game back, I hope you guys plan to fix the issues on ragefire ;(please advise if possible

is macroquest / kissassist ever going to be fully functional on Ragefire like it is on all other servers? :( I hope so, any admins / programmers can advise please?

I love Ragefire, and MQ2- rage has brought me and a lot of other player who miss then game back, I hope you guys plan to fix the issues on ragefire ;(please advise if possible

MQ2 is fully functional as far as whats available on Ragefire.
Kiss is as functional as it is going to get.

HERE IS THE OFFICIAL ADVICE FROM REDGUIDES ADMINS/PROGRAMMERS

WE ARE NOT SUPPORTING RAGEFIRE.
We do not want you to get banned.
There will be no special mods to core MQ2 or plugins specifically for Ragefire.
I am not supporting or updating Kiss to work on Ragefire.

You have to subscribe to play Ragefire.
This makes people much more cranky about others using MQ2 and they are very vocal.

Ragefire Is a TINY VERY SMALL WORLD with thousands of players on it. Like 75 zones vs almost 1000 in TDS.
Everyone will see you doing whatever you are doing.

Ragefire has built in AFK kick routines.
If you are even semi afk without refreshing your screens you will get logged off.

Daybreak went through a whole lot of shit to put up this server.
They are watching it very closely.

kiss is very functional however I will respect the devs wishes and not post my infos because well maskoi knows where I live :)

When you're running kiss assist I continuously get kicked out of the server every 10 minutes even though my characters are playing in hunting the other issue is on notice that there's a mop attacking one of my characters and kiss assist does not make the characters in the group fight the monster that's attacking one of the members of the group they will sit there and do nothing until the time passes by until the characters all get disconnected from the server

I don't understand why it it doesn't work fully or accurately like it would on any other server what is the actual problem why does it not to text me playing when I'm boring or defend the group members when they're getting attacked

I haven't had issues with me being the puller and setting a secondary up to heal/dps if your toon is idle ie not doing anything it will get bumped.. as for why if there is something that kiss uses that is specific to a later expansion that is disabled then that portion will not work .. as for the workaround well rewriting that particular function would probably be the only way.. all though I really haven't run across anything that doesn't work but I also am not hard core 24/7 boxing. There reasons for not supporting tlp's right now is quite valid.. all though the instancing and time may may make it a bit safer.

My problem is that I'll come to notice a decaying skeleton attacking one of my group members, and the group nor the attacked individual in the group will respond to the Decaying Skeleton - is this because of the fact that the original "vanilla" version of the game doesn't have extended targets? Is that effecting the workability of MQ2/Kiss?

Heres my issues: please, any advice, even small and general would help - I do completely understand Ragefire is not supported, but id like to know why or what the issue is

1] What is causing the group to not notice that one of the group members are being attacked?

2] IS extended target not being available on the original version of the game causing an issue?

3] Is MQ2/Kiss not detectable or is it detectable on this server? If i'm actively playing all 6 while running 1 and using 5 as stand by in camp with Kiss on to fight efficiently with 6 players possible with the capabilities as is on that server? Or will i get cought simply by them somehow detecting im botting? (My guess is its not detectable cause i havent been banned yet)

4] Is there anything I can personally do to fix this issue? It just baffles me that the group doesnt realize one of the members are being attacked and they just sit there allowing the attacks to continue without defending the group members, not even the member whos actually being attacked

5] I do not intend to bot 24/7 or anything like that - i just want to be able to play all 6 efficciently, while running one main char, so even if you're providing brief explanation of what the issues are and what causes the bot not to work completely, I'd appreciate any advise I can get, please, any info would be greatly appreciated, while again I do understand its not supported

6 & last] is there a particular expansion that the server eventually will get to that will resolve all the incompatibilities of the bot that are currently causing the issues? If so, which expansion is it?

Thank you, I truly appreciate all your time and responses/assistance
=)

For what it's worth I've found that swapping to the "inactive" screens will keep the AFK sensor at bay. But it's VERY AGGRESSIVE. If you need to run afk for a bit you can use a program like AutoHotkey to cycle through activating your screens. As has been mentioned though people are on an absolute warpath looking for "cheaters" on Ragefire.

For what it's worth I've found that swapping to the "inactive" screens will keep the AFK sensor at bay. But it's VERY AGGRESSIVE. If you need to run afk for a bit you can use a program like AutoHotkey to cycle through activating your screens. As has been mentioned though people are on an absolute warpath looking for "cheaters" on Ragefire.

i did autokey on 6 windows and still got kicked. Althought if you do a keypress macro with talks in gsay it will prevent you from get kicked (doesnt matter if main window or background window). I think its also related to multiple checks like:

- How long have you been static in game and not moved or did any action.
- Did you press any key in that window in the last few minutes?
- Are there people waiting on queue? Feels like before lockjaw i would get kicked much more often.

Mainly fails to detect your there because with macros your mostly sticking or just following instead of pressing keys to move or attack.

i did autokey on 6 windows and still got kicked. Althought if you do a keypress macro with talks in gsay it will prevent you from get kicked (doesnt matter if main window or background window). I think its also related to multiple checks like:

- How long have you been static in game and not moved or did any action.
- Did you press any key in that window in the last few minutes?
- Are there people waiting on queue? Feels like before lockjaw i would get kicked much more often.

Mainly fails to detect your there because with macros your mostly sticking or just following instead of pressing keys to move or attack.

That's funny, because I set up a gsay macro like that and it didn't work for me, but autohotkey did work around it. Likely it is multiple factors.

To the guy asking about targeting - without YOU being able to see the xtarget window I would suggest that you have aggro on another enemy in the zone already. So while you may think the decaying skeleton in camp is the only thing you have, if you could actually see an xtarget window you would see that you have aggro on more monsters and your tank is waiting for one of them. I've noticed this behavior when aggroing enemies while swimming and going onto land.

When this happens to you take a look at your tanks target. You might find it targeting something else.

That's funny, because I set up a gsay macro like that and it didn't work for me, but autohotkey did work around it. Likely it is multiple factors.
Now that you say that you might be right, funny thing was that just as i stopped the autokey i got instant auto disconnect as if they had noticed my pc was idle and my keyboard and mouse wasnt moving once i clicked myself into the eq.

ps: even tho some checks arent available for kiss, it should work most of the time. Even tho the laste version i had was 7.6.5 i think, never went back premium.

Subscribe
you are getting sleepy
Subscribe
You are feeling relaxed
Subscribe
You are now in a deep sleep
Subscribe
I will count to 3 and you will awaken then Subscribe
Subscribe

haha i might maskoi, love kiss, and the redguide community, just not that active atm. (one final to go 19th june!)

Tech - Ragefire Issues / Incompatibility :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back