• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - Questions before I start (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,147¢
As it turns out, I'm a terrible boxer and would like to see if adding MQ2 will help. Right now I use HotKeyNet with a script to play my mage and ranger. It works rather well but it has to cast on the mage, alt tab to the ranger to cast or fire, then tab back. It does it quickly, but it can really be a pain and has resulted in more than one death. I downloaded WinEQ thinking that it might work together with HKN, but have read that many who use WinEQ use MQ2 to do basically what I need.

I have a few questions before I try it out, and hopefully they aren't dumb ones.

My main concern is that I haven't seen if mage pet tanking is fully supported. I usually us a healer and wiz merc, pull with my ranger, and send pet in to tank while the ranger does shoot and both of them nuke. If this isn't working in MQ2, then can I semi control the mage and pet while the ranger is on autopilot?

Since I'm a terrible boxer as it is, I haven't worked on my other rooms much, but I suppose I could add them in and let MQ2 take over? I have an enchanter, a shaman, and a druid. The druid and Sham are on the same account so I have to pick from them. Also my other two ACCTS are only FTP and I probably can't afford 4 gold accts right now. Would that be a problem?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Auto Pet Tanking NOT supported but you can automate your ranger pulling and assisting while playing your mage.

FTP/Silver accounts fully supported. You can toss in as many addition toons as you want.

If you ever find that a macro doesnt do quite what you want, you can always modify it or create an include of your own to do exactly what you want. If you are just starting off, it may be tough because the code can be challenging to learn at first. Once you pick it up, it is super easy. As far as making it easier than using HKN, MQ2 can automate every single thing you do in game + some things you cant. It can be as effective or ineffective as you make it. The sky is the limit!

Eqgeek i have gifted you 1 month lvl 2 access try it for your self i bet you will sub after.
and this site is the best lots of help here and maskoi's Kiss assist is so easy to set up and will auto any toon (just dont say puller pet tank again) makes him twich.
and i can all ways help you in game ect

I spent a few hours yesterday reading all the guides on how to start. I didn't see anything specific about rangers and autofire, but I think you just set up the melee ability in the ini file somewhere. I'll figure it all out I'm sure. I've only got a few hours today, so I might not get access to try it in time. I'll keep checking though. I'm pretty excited. :)

So any thoughts on what to box with the Mage and Ranger? Bard? Chanter? Wizzy? Sham? Druid?

any class can work well these days, so figure out what you like to play. mage best compliments wiz and nec. ranger compliments all melee/hybrid and to a lesser extent casters thanks to heal/nuke crit on auspice. you would get the most bang for you buck with necro, wizard, or a druid probably due to complimentary spells and enhancements. bard would be good if you plan on using a merc tank.

try stay away from boxing to many melee class's is the only tip
its so easy to tell a user as they all run behind the mob and stick at a perfect distance.
i would box shammy (a back up healer, buffer, slower,) only thing is your missing crowed control.
your best combo would be ranger, mage, druid, chanter,

Thanks for the ideas and info. I think I will throw my chanter into the mix and maybe add a druid shortly after. I have one, but it is on the same account as my mage so I either need to move her, or make another.

Is there a link with some good zones and camps for grinding and making pulling easier?

Question - Questions before I start

Users who are viewing this thread

Back