• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question on shroud exp.... (1 Viewer)

EQManiac

RedCents
31¢
I have never experimented with the shrouds so I have little information.

What I am trying to find out is how the exp exchange works when you unshroud.

Where it is applied, in what ratio, if its effecient to shroud down a few levels to get better exp, etc..

Any information would be helpful.

Thanks in advance

if you have 20 % set to aa and the rest reg exp, when you unshroud, all exp you get while shrouded is divided like this exp 80 %, aa 20%. if you have it set to 100% aa exp then when unshrouded all the exp collected will go to aa.

if you shroud down lower, the exp gained is the same as if you were a lvl 60 (if you shrouded to lvl 60.) if you shroud to a lvl 40, then you get exp equal to what you would have gotten if you were lvl 40.

hope this helps.

so to sum it up, only shroud down to as low as you need to. if you got to low, you wont get near as much exp.

The last shroud you unlock in each line has more monster points to allocate than the rest. Also, while there are multiple shrouds of the same class, each shroud has somethin unique that sets it apart (well, maybe not every one). There's a chanter shroud that has charm ability, rogue shroud that has an FD ability, and so on. I've unlocked all the shrouds on 2 of my toons, and played with them a bit. There's quite a bit of cool stuff that you can do with them, if you just get a little creative. But for the most part, people will tell you there's no reason to bother with them. I look at it this way. Shrouds may not be as powerful as the pure, root class they are based on, but those shrouds give my toons abilities that they would have in no other way.

There's another reason I like the shrouds. Most people dont bother with them, so to have them unlocked kinda sets you apart from others. Most of the shroud graphics can't be had any other way than by unlocking that shroud.

Does the shrouded toon need to do damage to get exp? I 3box and can do some stuff with only 2 of the toons. I am thinking of 2boxing my tank and healer and then having my caster just shrouded and soaking up exp. If not, I can always make him a shrouded tank and go from there...after I hit 75 on everyone that is!

Rouge shroud is the only one i really use anymore. And that is to make sure i am not seen. I used to use the eye one for clarity on my PL sessions but now i got a chanter so no longer useable. The shrouds dont have the hp mana to compete. now if your gear transfered that would be kick azz

Magician, just being in the group will be enough. As far as the game is concerned, when you shroud, you are that class and that level. Just remember that you wont see any xp the shrouded character gets until you unshroud it.

Just remember that you wont see any xp the shrouded character gets until you unshroud it.

or at least until it hits 100%.

if you start a shroud with 50% aa and have all exp going to aa, then you will see your bar moving till it hits 100 %. then (if yer tracking exp, you won't see shit till you unshroud)

Just curious... am I missing something (I'm assuming yes). Why wouldn't this be a superb PL route? Shroud a lvl 60 down to lvl 10 and PL his arse off in Palidial Caverns....

No.

Think of exp as a hard number...like 3xp points per kill.

At level 60, by killing a mob, you get, say, 1000 points per kill, and need 100k to level. At level 10, by killing a mob, you get, say, 20 points per kill...and that would take a hell of a long time to get to the 100k you'd need to level.

Question on shroud exp....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back