• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question on AA's (1 Viewer)

KOKKOR

RedCents
can you explain me how to get tons of AA's while playing few hours ?

Thks in advance

Hug you all from France =)

Robots do not understand hugs.

The old methods of massive AA's in a couple hours have been nerfed, such as the BoT charm trick and the old HoH AE kiting. However, if you just log for a few minutes a day to start a macro and then leave, you're set. You only have to be at the computer an hour a day at most, and you'll get all the AA's you want.

So now this question depends on your class. What is your class?

Some classes can powerlevel themselves with a macro, such as wizards, druids (quad kiting) and bards (chant kiting).

Other classes can not kill enough monsters to warrant a macro written for them, and are better off being powerleveled by one of the above classes.

With a 46 bard, I powerleveled a 40 rogue and 42 druid to level 69 with 900+ AA's each in four months. That sounds kind of long but I wasn't always running the macro, I went on vacation and the power went out, ruining a week-long kite. The bard got level 69 as well with 1000+ aa's. Level 70 is silly if you're powerleveling, and that should come only after you max AA's.

If the character you want AA's for is not a bard, wizard or druid, he should be powerleveled by one of those classes. I highly reccomend a Bard to do the powerleveling, much more than druid or wizard, as you have many zone options and the macros to do this are incredibly simple.

So first off get a second account with a level 40+ bard, borrow a friends, or powerlevel one yourself. After level 40 it's smooth sailing with the macro. You don't even need a second computer to do this. Bards and second accounts can be found fairly cheap on www.playerauctions.com these days.

If you have trouble compiling MQ2 and the plugins for the bard macro, see the mq2 help thread. If you're paranoid about players seeing you run the macro, I'll post the player detection add-on.

Now that you have MQ2 and the bard macro working, you're ready to start.
Level 40 - 50, the poacher camp in Jagged Pine is wonderful. It should only take a few days.

Level 50 - 55 (and the run3 AA) I highly reccomend Dulak's Harbor, just outside of the entrance to Gunthak, there's a nice open spot for a kite radius of 100 or so:
http://www.eqmaps.com/m3/dulak1.gif

Level 55 - 62 There is nothing better than Nadox. Near the safepoint is a fire, and around that are easy to kill troll warriors. Set the macro up to run around the fire and you're set for days.
http://www.eqatlas.com/ykesha/cryptofnadoxmap.html

Level 62 - STAY AT THIS LEVEL until you have all of the pre-OOW AA's you want. You get more AA per kill if you're 62 rather than 65. The bard can and should get level 65 at this point, and then concentrate on any AA that helps chant kiting such as instrument mastery.

But the character you want AA's for should be level 62, and if he's above 62, de-level him. Levels don't take much time to get, but 500+ AA's do.

Halls of Honor should be the only zone you see until you have 500 or so AA's. NW corner or NE corner are perfect. Just have the bard kite in the center with a radius of 75 or so, getting all the guards and sentrys.

After you have all the Gates of Discord AA's you want, and you should be getting 100+ per week, it's time to work on Omens of War AA's.

So far, I have found no better spot than Vxed. It's an instanced zone, so there are no players for you to worry about, but it also boots you out every 6 hours, so you have to start the macro up again a few times per day. Don't worry, the macro will camp you when you get booted.

Once in Vxed, face directly east (important), cast Divine Aura (important x2), and warp to loc 132, -301, 447, use a radius of 72 and start the chants.
like this:

1) /warp loc 132, -301, 447
2) /circle on 72
3) press numlock to start running
4) type /twist 1 2 3 4 5 (assuming you have a heal in the #1 slot and chants in 2, 3, 4 and 5)
5) /mac target (or whatever you named the target macro)

100+ AA's a week here is more than doable. With some persistence and nice equip, one should be able to do 150 or even 200 AA per week. Don't get level 70 until you're done with AA's! The higher level you are, the slower AA experience becomes. De-level if you have to.

my best dea yet PL with bard to 60 then sacrifice down to 46 and rise and redo lol its perfect all aa's i want and extra cash and rezes for necro

could keep bard in Jagged pine forever lol i know i'm sick in head

BTW when pl a alt where aboutz do you put them and how do you keep them safe?

also posted in bard marco the loc i used to keep alt safe only had one death so far and i believe that was lag's fault been runnin it for 26 hrs now and no probs got 5 lvls on cleric with bard doin all the work

Last edited:
Updated 2/20/05
tell the kiter : Vxed - invites you into expedition
Invite - once in zone invites you into the group
camp - Succors, Fades, and camps to desktop

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Rich (BB code):
 #chat tell
 #Event Zoned "#*#You have entered#*#"  

Sub Main 
 /declare DefaultMaxSave int outer
 /declare SeloSong int outer 1

:loopstart 
 /if (${Me.Buff[${Me.Gem[${SeloSong}].Name}].Duration}<=4) /call selosub
 /doevents 
 /call GMcheck 
 /if (!${Target.ID}) /tar NPC radius 220 
 /IF (${Target.Name.Equal[misguided beludu Creque]}) { 
 /twist stop
 /target npc next 
 /delay 30
 /call NormalTwist
 } 
 /IF (${Target.Name.Equal[a venomous stonemite]}) { 
 /twist stop
 /target npc next 
 /delay 30
 /call NormalTwist
 } 
 /if (${Target.Level}>67) /tar npc next 
 /if (${Target.Distance}>220) /squelch /target clear
 /delay 1s
 /call forage
 /goto :loopstart 
 /return 

sub Event_Zoned 
 /delay 5s 
 /sit 
 /camp desk 
 /endmac 
 /return 

Sub Event_Chat(ChatType,Sender,ChatText)

| CHANGE THE MAGIC WORD**

/if (${ChatText.Equal[Invite]}) {
 /target ${Sender}
 /invite
 }
 /if (${ChatText.Equal[dzadd]}) {
 /dzadd ${Sender}
 }
 /if (${ChatText.Equal[camp]}) {
 /warp succor
 /alt activate 212
 /camp desk
 }
 /call normaltwist
 /return

Sub GMcheck 
 /if (${Spawn[gm].ID}) { 
 /mqlog GM Detected!!!
 /echo Gm detected 
 /beep 
 /beep 
 /beep 
 /endmac 
 /unload 
 /q 
 } 
 /return 

Sub NormalTwist
 /squelch /twist 14 2 3 4 14 5
 /return

Sub selosub
 /squelch /twist 16
 /delay 1S
 /nomodkey /keypress forward hold
 /delay 1S
 /delay 1S
 /delay 1S
 /call NormalTwist
 /return

sub Forage 

/varset DefaultMaxSave ${Ini[yafm.ini,Default,MaxSave,${NotFound}]} 
 /if (${DefaultMaxSave}==${NotFound}) { 
 /ini "yafm.ini" "Default" "MaxSave" "100" 
 /varset DefaultMaxSave 100 
 } 

| Verify that we have the ability to forage. 
 /if (${Me.Skill[Forage]}==0) { 
 /echo You cannot forage, silly person! 
 /goto :Exit 
 } 

| If we can forage then do so. 
 /if (${Me.AbilityReady[Forage]}) { 
 | Stand up. Can't forage while sitting. 
 /if (${Me.State.NotEqual[STAND]}) { 
 /stand 
 /delay 5 
 } 

/doability forage 
 } 

| If we successfully foraged something then take care of it. 
 /if (${Cursor.ID}) { 
 /call HandleItem 
 } 
 /return 

sub HandleItem 

/declare ItemSetting int local 
 /declare NotFound int local 
 /declare ItemsHave int local 

/varset NotFound -1 

:LootIt 

| Look up this item in yafm.ini 
 /varset ItemSetting ${Ini[yafm.ini,ForageList,${Cursor.Name},${NotFound}]} 
 /delay 5 

| If the item isn't in the .ini file then add it. 
 /if (${ItemSetting}==${NotFound}) { 
 /ini "yafm.ini" "ForageList" "${Cursor.Name}" "${DefaultMaxSave}" 
 /varset ItemSetting ${DefaultMaxSave} 
 } 

/varset ItemsHave ${FindItem=${Cursor.Name}} 

| If we're keeping this item then stash it in our bags. 
 | Otherwise, just destroy it. 
 /if (${ItemSetting}>${ItemsHave}) { 
 /autoinventory 
 } else { 
 /destroy 
 } 

/delay 5 
 /if (${Cursor.ID}) /goto :LootIt 

/return

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey yomama, two solutions.

1. Use the no-summon offset
below this line
Rich (BB code):
add this one
Rich (BB code):
/if (${Target.Name.Equal[a venomous stonemite]}) /tar npc next

only problem with the nosummon that i haven't figured out is how to tell the server that you were never summoned so you won't take that 1 round of damage every 10 seconds, but otherwise it works

nope, you can go in alone. I've gone through there solo a few times, albeit i can't do the quest because the main mob you have to kill summons, but only ldon is a minimum of 3 so far.

I'm just curious if anyone is doing this now with success for the whole 6 hours? I've tried doing it, but I always die within at the very most 1 hour. It's not the mobs spawning then hitting that kills me, its the beludus repathing across the circle to hit me on the other side that does. It's a rare thing that 2 mobs will do it and hit me for 2.5k each, but when that happens...I die. I say it's rare, but obviously it happens at least once an hour because I don't last any longer than that.

I've got around 4500hp unbuffed, something around 95hp/tick regen with chorus of marr. It sucks cause I can see if tweaked this would be an awesome spot...and I've tried tweaking the circle and tried every different run speed but it still happens.

I don't really see any other good spots to do this...I have been soloing in pofire at the tables but can't really afk chant kite there. I haven't been to any other instanced GoD zones, so maybe some of those can be done like vxed. I'll try to check it out.

/IF (${Target.Name.Equal[misguided beludu Creque]}) /tar npc next

put this in there too, also a summoning mob that the macro misses, havent had a problem for the last 2 hours

EDIT: having a problem where it targets the summoning mobs and in that 10 delay it manages to get a dot off, if it does this twice summoned and dead. there a command to put in there where it will interrupt the song when it realizes that its targeted the named /summoning mobs?

maybe an interrupt and a pause 10 that way it will switch to the next mob before a dot ticks again.

i dont know if you can put 2 actions inna line of code, my programming knowledge isnt really up to par yet *taking c++ next semester* i've only done Basic and Vbasic so far in highschool

Last edited:
ok, right now I know one thing you can definitely do, but the question with that is. Is "misguided beludu Creque" always up?
if he is always up, put this right under the sub main with all your other declares. You will also have to start the macro with the mob targetted
Rich (BB code):
/declare DoNotTargetID int outer ${Target.ID}
/squelch /target clear

and put this on the end of all you're target commands
Rich (BB code):
notid ${DoNotTargetID}
ie a /target npc radius 120
would end up being
/target npc radius 120 notid ${DoNotTargetID}

Last edited:
yourmomsfaceoncrack said:
/IF (${Target.Name.Equal[misguided beludu Creque]}) /tar npc next

put this in there too, also a summoning mob that the macro misses, havent had a problem for the last 2 hours

EDIT: having a problem where it targets the summoning mobs and in that 10 delay it manages to get a dot off, if it does this twice summoned and dead. there a command to put in there where it will interrupt the song when it realizes that its targeted the named /summoning mobs?

maybe an interrupt and a pause 10 that way it will switch to the next mob before a dot ticks again.

i dont know if you can put 2 actions inna line of code, my programming knowledge isnt really up to par yet *taking c++ next semester* i've only done Basic and Vbasic so far in highschool

There's something else you can do. for the code put this under every /target npc line. This way right after you target him it'll switch to the next npc as a target, but it will also stop/restart your twisting just in case on that 1% of a chance that you start casting while he's targeted for that 1/10th of a second.

Rich (BB code):
/IF (${Target.Name.Equal[misguided beludu Creque]})  {
/target npc next
squelch /twist (put in your normal twisting here
}

Misguided is not always up, but i whip through the beluda's pretty quick so he usually spawns within an hour, i'll try the macro tommorow mornen and see how its doing *cant tonight since its valentines day =x gotta lay the mac-down tonight.

Im having a crashing problem too, my comp never crashes but for some reason it does sort of frequently while in vxed with this macro running.
it crashes on my computer and my dads computer both of which almost never crash*hasnt in a month or more aside from in vxed*

thanx for the help guys =)

its an instance, yes. GM's are not allowed to port into instances as they could possibly overstress the player limit on them and make the zone crash. you need the gates of discord expansion.

went 5.45 hours, misguided beludu Creque got me, i woke up and it was camping out so i ate it seconds before i awoke, i scrolled upa nd somehow i got a dot on her

EDIT : Alt + S interrupts casting, i dunno if this will help

Vxed.mac
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sub Main

/doevents
/call GMcheck
/target npc next
squelch /twist 1 2 3 4 5
}
/IF (${Target.Name.Equal[a venemous stonemite]}) {
/target npc next
squelch /twist 1 2 3 4 5
}
/if (${Target.Distance}>220) /keypress esc
/if (${Target.ID}==FALSE) /tar NPC radius 220
/delay 10
/return

Sub GMcheck
/if (${Spawn[gm].ID}) {
/echo Gm detected
/beep
/beep
/beep
/keypress 9
/endmac
/unload
/q
}
/return

Sub event_camp
/sit
/camp desk
/return

sub event_zoned
/delay 5s
/sit
/camp desk
/endmac
/return

sub event_dzadd
/dzadd personyouwanttoadd
/return

sub event_invite
/invite
/return

Last edited:
yourmomsfaceoncrack said:
went 5.45 hours, misguided beludu Creque got me, i woke up and it was camping out so i ate it seconds before i awoke, i scrolled upa nd somehow i got a dot on her

EDIT : Alt + S interrupts casting, i dunno if this will help

Vxed.mac
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sub Main

/doevents
/call GMcheck
/target npc next
squelch /twist 1 2 3 4 5
}
/IF (${Target.Name.Equal[a venemous stonemite]}) {
/target npc next
squelch /twist 1 2 3 4 5
}
/if (${Target.Distance}>220) /keypress esc
/if (${Target.ID}==FALSE) /tar NPC radius 220
/delay 10
/return

Sub GMcheck
/if (${Spawn[gm].ID}) {
/echo Gm detected
/beep
/beep
/beep
/keypress 9
/endmac
/unload
/q
}
/return

Sub event_camp
/sit
/camp desk
/return

sub event_zoned
/delay 5s
/sit
/camp desk
/endmac
/return

sub event_dzadd
/return

sub event_invite
/invite
/return

Here you go, i put in a check for selos so you don't need to play it on every twist. you will need to go through and put in our normal twisting as in 2 places as well as your twisting with a healsong in 2 places.

Rich (BB code):
Sub Main 
/declare SeloSong int outer (gem slot of selos)

/call healsong
/doevents 
/call GMcheck 
/IF (${Target.Name.Equal[misguided beludu Creque]})  { 
/target npc next 
/call NormalTwist
} 
/IF (${Target.Name.Equal[a venemous stonemite]})  { 
/target npc next 
/call NormalTwist
} 
/delay 1s
/return 

Sub GMcheck 
/if (${Spawn[gm].ID}) { 
/mqlog GM Detected!!!
/echo Gm detected 
/beep 
/beep 
/beep 
/endmac 
/unload 
/q 
} 
/return 

Sub NormalTwist
/squelch /twist (put normal twisting of songs here)
/varset healsong 0
/call healsong
/return

Sub healsong
/if (${healsong}==0) /if (${Me.PctHPs}<=95) {
/twist (put twist with healsong here)
/varset healsong 1
/return
}
/if (${healsong}==1) /if (${Me.PctHPs}>=96) {
/twist (put normal twisting of songs here)
/varset healsong 0
/return
}
/return

Sub selosub
/squelch /twist  8
         /delay 1S
         /delay 1S
         /delay 1S
         /delay 1S
/call NormalTwist
/return

Sub event_camp 
/sit 
/camp desk 
/return 

sub event_zoned 
/delay 5s 
/sit 
/camp desk 
/endmac 
/return 

sub event_dzadd 
/return 

sub event_invite 
/invite 
/return

ok, you'll get that for one of 2 reasons. 1, a gm entered the zone so you /q or 2, the macro you were running was doing too many commands/sec so the server booted you to server select.
and at the moment there is still a 3 as some people are still having some small problems with mq2 and the new expansion.

Awesome i modded it just a teeny bit, took out the heal part cause i got a lute of flowing waters i just click in with my regular twist, just one more request *thanx a ton so far with your help siddin*

i would like it if someone sent me a tell 'dzadd' that i would send them a expedition invite, and once they're in the zone if they send me a tell 'invite' that i would invite them to the group, i like to share =) specially this xp.
i also tried to get forage in here too but i couldnt gettit to work, gonna take some time, my bro needs a ton of meat for baking or something that is forage only

once i get some time im going to try to write more to the macro where once it kicks me out of barindu, it will check to see if i have a drum in my hand *cause if i do i obviously didnt die =)* and if i do will warp me to apprentice, get a new exp, zone back to vxed, DA, and start running the circle agiain =p

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sub Main

/doevents
/call GMcheck
/target npc next
/call NormalTwist
}
/target npc next
/call NormalTwist
}
/delay 1s
/return

Sub GMcheck
/if (${Spawn[gm].ID}) {
/mqlog GM Detected!!!
/echo Gm detected
/beep
/beep
/beep
/endmac
/unload
/q
}
/return

Sub NormalTwist
/return

Sub selosub
/squelch /twist 16
/delay 1S
/delay 1S
/delay 1S
/delay 1S
/call NormalTwist
/return

Sub event_camp
/sit
/camp desk
/return

sub event_zoned
/delay 5s
/sit
/camp desk
/endmac
/return

sub event_dzadd
/return

sub event_invite
/invite
/return

Last edited:
I don't like sounding stupid but on the first page of this thread when talking about vxed

Once in Vxed, face directly east (important), cast Divine Aura (important x2), and warp to loc 132, -301, 447, use a radius of 72 and start the chants.
like this:

What is the Divine Aura I'm to cast?

Newest, now supports the tells 'Dzadd' invites you to expedition and 'invite' gets you invite to the group if your in the zone.

EDIT: got forage to work now too, if anyone with free time and some coding experience wants to give making it so that after 6 hours and it kicks you out, yer toon gets a new expedition and restarts it a shot that'd be bomb =) i'll be attempting some of the coding soon when i get some more time

#chat tell

Sub Main
/declare DefaultMaxSave int outer

/doevents
/call GMcheck
/twist stop
/target npc next
/delay 30
/call NormalTwist
}
/twist stop
/target npc next
/delay 30
/call NormalTwist
}
/delay 1s
/call forage
/return

Sub Event_Camp
/sit
/camp desk
/return

sub Event_Zoned
/delay 5s
/sit
/camp desk
/endmac
/return

Sub Event_Chat(ChatType,Sender,ChatText)

| CHANGE THE MAGIC WORD**

/if (${ChatText.Equal[Invite]}) {
/target ${Sender}
/invite
}
/if (${ChatText.Equal[dzadd]}) {
/dzadd ${Sender}
}
/if (${ChatText.Equal[camp]}) {
/warp succor
/alt activate 212
/camp desk
}
/call normaltwist
/return

Sub GMcheck
/if (${Spawn[gm].ID}) {
/mqlog GM Detected!!!
/echo Gm detected
/beep
/beep
/beep
/endmac
/unload
/q
}
/return

Sub NormalTwist
/return

Sub selosub
/squelch /twist 16
/delay 1S
/delay 1S
/delay 1S
/delay 1S
/call NormalTwist
/return

sub Forage

/varset DefaultMaxSave ${Ini[yafm.ini,Default,MaxSave,${NotFound}]}
/if (${DefaultMaxSave}==${NotFound}) {
/ini "yafm.ini" "Default" "MaxSave" "100"
/varset DefaultMaxSave 100
}

| Verify that we have the ability to forage.
/if (${Me.Skill[Forage]}==0) {
/echo You cannot forage, silly person!
/goto :Exit
}

| If we can forage then do so.
/if (${Me.AbilityReady[Forage]}) {
| Stand up. Can't forage while sitting.
/if (${Me.State.NotEqual[STAND]}) {
/stand
/delay 5
}

/doability forage
}

| If we successfully foraged something then take care of it.
/if (${Cursor.ID}) {
/call HandleItem
}
/return

sub HandleItem

/declare ItemSetting int local
/declare NotFound int local
/declare ItemsHave int local

/varset NotFound -1

:LootIt

| Look up this item in yafm.ini
/varset ItemSetting ${Ini[yafm.ini,ForageList,${Cursor.Name},${NotFound}]}
/delay 5

| If the item isn't in the .ini file then add it.
/if (${ItemSetting}==${NotFound}) {
/ini "yafm.ini" "ForageList" "${Cursor.Name}" "${DefaultMaxSave}"
/varset ItemSetting ${DefaultMaxSave}
}

/varset ItemsHave ${FindItem=${Cursor.Name}}

| If we're keeping this item then stash it in our bags.
| Otherwise, just destroy it.
/if (${ItemSetting}>${ItemsHave}) {
/autoinventory
} else {
/destroy
}

/delay 5
/if (${Cursor.ID}) /goto :LootIt

/return

Last edited:
sure, just post me a copy of the spew that this command spits out after you get booted from the expedition, as well as who you need to talk to.
Rich (BB code):
/echo ${Zone.ID}

I'm curious. While using this macro, how do you survive the summoning Stonemites? As a Necro, I do the entrance mobs regularly for the aaxp, but when a stonemie spawns, i just get a nw expidition as they summon and can quad for 1K each hit. Even with 7K hp's that still hurts!

Question on AA's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back