• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

question about haste items..... pls help before i spend unneeded pp... (1 Viewer)

3djoker

RedCents
10¢
if i have this item .. item and add an augment that is 40% haste to it, will it make my worn haste 81% or stay at 41% ? (becuase its going by the highest haste)

i never could find the answer to this question, but now i made a 40% haste aug and wanted to add it. any help would be appreciated. and redcent for the right answer.

Last edited:
so basically the haste augs are so you don't have to keep just haste items that have crappy stats like this ...
haste item

instead you can add it to an item you have and upgrade the crap you have worn for ages cuase it has haste on it.?.?

yes 3djoker that is correct. Only the highest work (item) haste will work the rest are ignored. You can stack 1 item 1 spell and 1song till you hit cap (forget the % it caps at).

Same thing for any focus effect. Only the highest WORN item counts, they do not add when it comes to focus effects. By the way, Tribute also counts as a worn item when looking at the total effect of WORN plus SPELL plus SONG.

focus effect doesnt mean item effect does it? like if i add an aug that has freezing strike VI to a weapon that has chaotic strike V, that only freezing strike will pop instead of both?

only reason i ask that is cuase i added one of those augs to a melee weapon today also. haven't had a chance to test it out yet.

yes 3djoker that is correct. Only the highest work (item) haste will work the rest are ignored. You can stack 1 item 1 spell and 1song till you hit cap (forget the % it caps at).
i understand that. my main question was though, if you add an aug with haste on it, would it be added to the original haste or is it side haste.

like if i add an aug with 12 dex to an item with 10 dex already, it shows as 22 dex. didn't know if haste worked the same way with augs. that would kick ass. but i know sony wouldn't have it like that. would make to many people "uber". :P

Its the same as if you had a healing item that gave a foucus of 55%, you can't add an aug to it that adds 33% focus as it will just use the higher focus value.

3djoker said:
focus effect doesnt mean item effect does it? like if i add an aug that has freezing strike VI to a weapon that has chaotic strike V, that only freezing strike will pop instead of both?

only reason i ask that is cuase i added one of those augs to a melee weapon today also. haven't had a chance to test it out yet.

You're ok, procs do stack, but they won't both proc on the same round.

And another thing to remember about hastes... the general rule of worn + spell + song will work, however it's more accurate to think of it as:

Version 1
Version 2
Version 3

Where version 1 is worn haste (items, augs, tribute, etc, highest amount only), version 2 can be spells or some bard songs (enc haste, shammy haste, beast haste, bard warsong and some others), and version 3 are all overhastes (bard ancient song, aura, omm clicky, a bunch of other clickes).

version 1 + version 2 caps out at 100%.
version 1 + version 2 + version 3 (bard ancient song) caps at 130% and is currently as high as it can go.

Sum1 said:
version 1 + version 2 caps out at 100%.
version 1 + version 2 + version 3 (bard ancient song) caps at 130% and is currently as high as it can go.

Version 3 haste doesnt actualy add haste. It only raises the cap by a set %. Also Version 3 haste is currently capped at 25% even though Bard aura and ancient song say they are 30% overhaste. The max haste you can currently have is 125%.

I didn't know overhaste was capped at 25, i always figured it was 30 cause of the songs.

I just wanted to add a bit of info about haste. If you're a raider and you're going to have Salik or Ellowynd all the time, you're better off going with the lower worn haste. A ton of rogues have parsed this and it seems that on the server end the spell haste is more effective than the worn, less worn haste + spell haste to get to the 100% cap is better.

Also as far as procs go, they won't proc IF they are the same type of proc, lifetaps per say. If you have a fire proc and a lifetap proc on one weapon, they still have a chance of both procing the same round.

While we're kinda on the subject of dps, ratio of the weapons can be more accurately calculated if you divide the delay by 2, because you're always gonna have 100% haste. Ratio only comes into play for offhand however. Usually the better dps mainhand is the lower delay unless you have something much much better at the higher delay, again, delay = 1/2 of what the itemlink states. Use parses to know for sure, theres a slime puddle at the top of the temple in Cazic Thule and a banker in Katta Castellum (the girl) are good mobs to parse damage with.

Roguish said:
Also as far as procs go, they won't proc IF they are the same type of proc, lifetaps per say. If you have a fire proc and a lifetap proc on one weapon, they still have a chance of both procing the same round.

Procs are set on an average over time per weapon. Meaning you get so many procs every minute per weapon. If you have a weapon with two procs on it then if you have a chance to proc the first proc is checked if it fails then the second proc is checked.

Proc rate is effected by weapons innate proc rate, Weapon affinity AA, and items with Combat effect plus on them.

With WA5 and CE 25 I belive I average ten procs a minute.

Roguish said:
a banker in Katta Castellum (the girl) are good mobs to parse damage with.

Banker no longer works. Hasn't since the progresional servers went live and NPCs in cities were made unatackable.

Bah, okay, I'll still want to double check this cause it was a sweet NPC to parse on. i'll get the loc for the slime ball whenever i make it over to cazic thule again, hopefully sometime this year.

question about haste items..... pls help before i spend unneeded pp...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back