• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question about good AFK macro zones (1 Viewer)

zemetor

RedCents
What would be the best zones/instances for AFK macroing (AA Farming) with a group of 3-4 toons?

Z

I personally would only afk macro in a instance myself, you can afk macro in any instance that I know of except forgotten halls with minimum watchage. Also if you want help even if you label your post with a question tag read the sub forums and post in the Question, help, and request form.

He's saying its a very well known place to afk macro exp... which means that if soe really wanted to be jackasses, they'd go for those "well-known" places first.

It's also why LS MMs are somewhat dangerous too.

As of lately I dont think the GM's are really paying attention to FH. . .I havent heard of anyone being bothered while doing the FH Instance in a long time, I think they moved on to the new content

Any instance is a good AFK macro zone. Other than that, short of tradeskilling or something else as seemingly harmless as that, it's generally a pretty bad idea.

GMs might not be actively watching FH anymore, but I wouldn't bet a main character on it. If FH macros start popping up a lot like the Vxed ones seem to be a lot of servers see more activity in those areas, I wouldn't take the chance on a toon that I've invested lots of time in.

With that said, if you're not writing the macro yourself, make sure you start it and watch it for a long time when you do it the first couple times. Make sure you know what happens if you die, zone, etc, rather than assume the coder fixed all the bugs beforehand. When I was running a Vxed macro like a year+ ago I came home once to find out I had died and was now running straight into the wall in the Guild Lobby. Presumably before I got stuck I was probably trying to autocircle right there in front of everyone. I had to edit the code to camp me out if I died or zoned out of the instance.

What classes/Levels are the toons?

Gear category?

Instances are the safest in regards to player observance, but they do get some attention from GM's as well (they know instances are the prime AFK locations).

Your group setup is important, and the macros you intend to run with them. If you can outline that stuff it may help to identify a workable location.

smokinghot said:
As of lately I dont think the GM's are really paying attention to FH. . .I havent heard of anyone being bothered while doing the FH Instance in a long time, I think they moved on to the new content
that could just be the fact that lydrea got fired.

Question about good AFK macro zones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back