• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Punishments from AA bug (1 Viewer)

fatal! said:
How do you know it was for the AA thing? Did they not do anything else?

I have not even been on much since. Especially on my druid. I don't even play him any longer, he is just a buffbot. I will give SoE a call regarding this account tomorrow. Am pretty sure that going from 500 aa's to 1400 on the druid and 400 aa's to 1500 on the ranger might raise a few flags.

I saw this in SOE's forums. I havn't seen the link posted yet.

http://eqforums.station.sony.com/eq/board/message?board.id=Veterans&message.id=314249

From reading through this I strongly suspect SOE is just going to make a half-assed effort to keep these little bitches happy. I seriously doubt they want to waste large amounts of their time decreasing their revenue for a product that's nearing the end of its life. If it was easy for them to positively identify everyone who exploited this bug I think they would have done more by now and had a harsher penalty than just taking away aa points.

Well just called SoE, and the guy on the other end sounded very vague in telling me that the reason I was suspended was due to the "task system". He did not say anything about aa's or warping or third party programs. So I guess I wait the 10 days and see if I have them reset or not. The account I asked him about is an ALT I rarely use, but did use for the aa exploit, so if that is how they refer to it? Weird thing is that the other accounts I was grouped with doing this don't appear affected...so far.

On second thought, if I recall -- these were the 2 accounts that had the level 1 character running the macro. So perhaps that is what it is for. I'll know for sure in a week when I get them back.

Czarman said:
Well just called SoE, and the guy on the other end sounded very vague in telling me that the reason I was suspended was due to the "task system".

Any chance he said "self assigning tasks" or "hacking task system"

Punishments from AA bug

Users who are viewing this thread

Back