• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Request - Pulling with single target calm; also some pathing issues (1 Viewer)

RedCents
4,570¢
I'm new to all this so sorry if this is too big of a request or already been asked (I did search but couldn't see anything quite like this).

I just started using the auto pulling feature and it is really amazing. My bard runs off and grabs stuff and brings it back to the group so it works. But I have 3 issues:

1) My group is not strong enough to kill groups of 3 or more in places like the Dead Hills HAs, so I really need the bard to cast a lull spell first. Pulling 2 is then ok. But the original KA doesn't allow the calm spells, and the mule version uses a calm but assumes it is an AoE so he runs up to the mob, casts calm once, and then grabs something near. Sometimes this is enough to work, but sometimes not.

2) Another issue is that my bard often goes to pull a mob that is beyond another mob so ends up aggroing several mobs in the process. I was originally using MQ2AdvNav so I started using Nav instead with my own meshes but he still does it. It is like he sometimes just doesn't spot a mob so goes to pull a further one.

3) Maybe related to the second issue, one time my bard ran a strange route to a mob that involved running through an area with a few other mobs first.

4) Ok I lied, there are 4 things, but again this might be related to the others. Sometimes my bard will run up to a mob and stand on top of it, and then start casting his harmony spell while the mob beats him to death.

Maybe this is just too much to code? But if it is something that is already being tweaked, maybe this feedback could help.

I'm curious about the harmony thing as well. I'd love for my druid to be able to harmony 2 out of 3 and then pull the 3rd, for example.

About the puling past other mobs and either dying or bringing them all back -- I've had that same issue a few dozen times. That occurs especially in areas where where the spawn rate is either higher, mobs wander a lot, or there are a lot of mobs. The only way I've fixed it is to adjust my camp so that I'm not likely to pull from specific mobs until I can safely handle the excess pull. While that generally works, it isn't a fix and I'm not sure there is one currently. That said, I would find that a rather difficult solution for running DH HA's. Particularly during the ritual HA.

Request - Pulling with single target calm; also some pathing issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Back