• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Strategy - Pugs’s Smithing 158 (1 Viewer)

Pugs

RedCents
644¢
Pugs’s Smithing 158

Phase 1.Crescent Reach Smithing

For these steps we will be doing the starting smithing quest at Crescent reach.

Step 1.1 Simple studs

Hail ,Smith Wamukota

Smith Wamukota says 'What? I can't hear you. Speak up, it is rather [noisy] here.

You say, 'noisy'

Smith Wamukota says 'Well of course it is noisy, what are you deaf. No need to shout now. Were you in need of [ore] to do your own smithing? Or are you here for [training]?'

You say, 'training'

Smith Wamukota says 'The Circle of the Crystalwing have decided as a group that the best way to teach is by experience. You will be given a series of tasks that you can use to learn about the skill you are working on. When you are ready, simply tell me that you are [ready to start] and I will assign you a task appropriate for your skill.'

You say, 'ready to start'

You have been assigned the task 'Simple Stud for Crescent Reach'. (Accept the task)

Smith Wamukota says 'We are growing so fast we are always in need of supplies for armor. Take these supplies and follow the directions given to you carefully. Also, do not be afraid to ask me for more [supplies] as you need

The smith hands you 3 stacks of 20 items Metal scraps, Vial of salty sea water and a simple iron file.
Go to the forage on the left in the picture above. Click on it to open it, click on the experiment button.

While holding the control key click on one Metal scraps and drag one of them in to the forge window now do the same for the Vial of salty sea water and a simple iron file.

Now press the combine button. With any luck it will create “Simple studs” if it dose not just keep dragging your items in to the forage and combining them tell you get one success.

After you get one success you now know the recipe and thusly can use the new trade skill window. To do this, close the Forge window. Click on the Forge once more it should open like the big window. In the Partial name box type in simple studs it should return a result in the matching recipes field. Click on it and you will notice that the combine button is now press-able click it and the press the auto inventory button if you get a simple stud on your cursor it will send it to the first stack with room on it or the first inventory slow it can find.

If you need more materials return to the quest give and say “ I need more supplies” he will hand more items.

If you finish the quest before your skill hits 31 continue doing combines till it dose hit 31.

When you are finished go back to the quest giver and turn in all 20 of your studs (remember NPCs don’t like stacked items!)

Delete any left over items.

Step 1.2 Simple Rings

Return to Smith Wamukota

Smith Wamukota says 'What? I can't hear you. Speak up, it is rather [noisy] here.
You say, 'noisy'
Smith Wamukota says 'Well of course it is noisy, what are you deaf. No need to shout now. Were you in need of [ore] to do your own smithing? Or are you here for [training]?'
You say, 'training'
Smith Wamukota says 'The Circle of the Crystalwing have decided as a group that the best way to teach is by experience. You will be given a series of tasks that you can use to learn about the skill you are working on. When you are ready, simply tell me that you are [ready to start] and I will assign you a task appropriate for your skill.'
You have been assigned the task 'Simple Rings for Crescent Reach'. (Accept the task)
Smith Wamukota says 'We are growing so fast we are always in need of supplies for armor. Take these supplies and follow the directions given to you carefully. Also, do not be afraid to ask me for more [supplies] as you need

Follow the same steps as above Open the forge click experiment button drag one of each item into the forge click combine. (Repeat till successful) Then close forage, Reopen it then type in simple Ring select it and start combining and auto inventorying (Or use the combine.mac http://macroquest2.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7415)

Make sure your Skill is 38 before you stop making these.

Step 1.3 Simple Chisel

You know the drill.

You say, 'noisy'
You say, 'training'
You have been assigned the task 'Simple Chisel for Crescent Reach'. (Accept the task)

Follow the same steps as above Open the forge click experiment button drag one of each item into the forge click combine. (Repeat till successful) Then close forage, Reopen it then type in simple Chisel select it and start combining and auto inventorying (Or use the combine.mac)

Make sure your Skill is 46 before you stop making these.

Step 1.4 Simple File

Hail, Smith Wamukota

You say, “ready to start”

Follow the same steps as above Open the forge click experiment button drag one of each item into the forge click combine. (Repeat till successful) Then close forage, Reopen it then type in simple Chisel select it and start combining and auto inventorying (Or use the combine.mac)

Make sure your Skill is 54 before you stop making these.

Phase 2 Pattern Master

For this section we will be making the new armor templates.

I like to work in stacks of 20 so I get 20 ore 20 molds 20 chemicals and 20 coals and make a batch and sell it. It is up to you want you do with your results.
To use the new UI follow the same steps as above from our file making days.

Step 2.1 Silvril Plate Visor Template

You will need a Smithy Hammer(will never be used up and only need one) and it can be picked up in PoK. The only drop you will need is Silvril Ore it can be bought in the Bazaar for around 1pp or farmed from many lower level zones. (CB, Lfay, Gloomdeep, Nek… ect)

This recipe requires: Metal Tempering Chemicals, Plate Visor Template Mold, Silvril Ore, Smithy Hammer, Sulfurous Coal

Luckly they are almost all on the same vendor and with in feet of a forage Zosran Hammertail(use the find tool he is in PoK) I hope you are ready to send Mr. hammertails kids to school because he is where you can buy Metal Tempering Chemicals, Plate Visor Template Mold and Sulfurous Coal.

Take this one up till it turns trivial at 66

Step 2.2 Silvril Chain Spaulders Template

This recipe requires Chainmail Spaulders Template Pattern, Metal Tempering Chemicals, Silvril Ore(2), Smithy Hammer, Sulfurous Coal

Same as above take these to 71.

Step 2.3 Thalium Plate Bracer Template

This recipe requires Brown Coal, Metal Tempering Chemicals, Plate Bracer Template Mold, Smithy Hammer, Thalium Ore

We changed ores here so we have to change coals as well. The ore once more is Bazaar buyable for under 3pp on my server. Or farmable in DSP ,Dulak's Harbor, and Gorge of King Xorbb and possibly others.

Take this stuff to 90 skill.

Step 2.4 Iridium Chain Gloves Template

This recipe requires Chainmail Gloves Template Pattern, Iridium Ore, Metal Tempering Chemicals, Nitrous Coal, Smithy Hammer

We changed ores here so we have to change coals as well. The ore once more is Bazaar buyable for under 5pp on my server. It drops in Burning Woods, Dawnshroud Peaks ,Dulak's Harbor, Gorge of King Xorbb and Twilight Sea.

Ride these to 127.

Step 2.5 Iridium Plate Cloak Template

This recipe requires Iridium Ore(3), Metal Tempering Chemicals, Nitrous Coal, Plate Cloak Template Mold, Smithy Hammer

Ride these to 135.

Step 2.6 Fulginate Chain Bracer Template

We changed ores here so we have to change coals as well. The ore once more is Bazaar buy able for under 50pp on my server( I have a feeling that there is macro out there that uses this stuff, I am looking for another source of skill ups in this area. It drops in Burning Woods Corathus Creep Dawnshroud Peaks Dragon Necropolis

This recipe requires Chainmail Bracer Template Pattern, Dull Black Coal, Fulginate Ore, Metal Tempering Chemicals, Smithy Hammer Dulak's Harbor Howling Stones (Charasis) Kael Drakkel Old Sebilis and The Twilight Sea.

Ride these to 158.

To be continued …
When I can trade skill more.

PS I have word Doc that is much better looking just can't post it has links and all.

Last edited:
Racial sewing kits triv at 162 and cost less than 10p to make. All parts are vendor purchased.

162 to 222 I either used Fine plate untill 188 and then moved to Enchanted Velium bits or just went straight to the bits.

For Fine steel Stonebrunt cats are the way to go. If they drop a pelt it will always be LQ or better and often they drop two or three at a time.

For Enchanted Velium bits farm the Tizmaks in Great divide and break there weapons down. With a bard I could pull in 400 small pieces an hour. Making enchanted bits is between 12 and 20p a combine, but the bits are no trade and lore so need to add a delete action to your combine macro for them.

From there if you have enough PoP done you can use the Aid Grimmel quest for a few freebie points.

You used to be able to get skill ups on them even if you still had the single lore EVB in your inventory. No delete necessary. You couldn't get a new EVB because it was lore, but you could still get skill ups. This was some years ago that I did this, so no idea if it was changed or not.

Strategy - Pugs’s Smithing 158

Users who are viewing this thread

Back