• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Proper Use of MQ2Cast (1 Viewer)

FunWithUs

RedCents
My problem with this is that it doesn't cast all the buffs that it should. I start unbuffed. For some reason, it will not cast Shield of Darkness in any occasion. What am I doing wrong here? I put extensive delays into the macro right after each cast, to give time for memming the new spell, waiting for the gems to refresh, and then casting the spell.

It seems very fickle about the delays I use after each cast. Im thinking there has to be a more reliable way of doing this. Any suggestions?

Rich (BB code):
/if ((${Me.Buff[Dull Pain].Duration}<10 && ${Me.Buff[Dull Pain].ID}) || ${Spell[Dull Pain].Stacks}) { 
   /casting "Dull Pain|Gem1" 
   /delay 84 
}
/if ((${Me.Buff[Seduction of Saryrn].Duration}<10 && ${Me.Buff[Seduction of Saryrn].ID}) || ${Spell[Seduction of Saryrn].Stacks}) { 
   /casting "Seduction of Saryrn|Gem2"
   /delay 85 
}
/if ((${Me.Buff[Dead Man Floating].Duration}<10 && ${Me.Buff[Dead Man Floating].ID}) || ${Spell[Dead Man Floating].Stacks}) { 
   /target ${Me.Name}
   /casting "Dead Man Floating|Gem1" 
   /delay 85 
}
/if ((${Me.Buff[Shield of Darkness].Duration}<10 && ${Me.Buff[Shield of Darkness].ID}) || ${Spell[Shield of Darkness].Stacks}) { 
   /casting "Shield of Darkness|Gem1"
   /delay 130 
}
/return

Well, try the two conditions in game...

/echo ${Spell[Shield of Darkness].Stacks}
and
/echo ${Me.Buff[Shield of Darkness].Duration}<10 && ${Me.Buff[Shield of Darkness].ID}

Verify both of those are true when you don't have it up...

Actually, you can change /if to /echo in that line and it'll show you if it ever gets there... and then if it all reads as true... Worth a shot.

It said something like:

Rich (BB code):
((NULL>10 && NULL) || FALSE)

I don't udnerstand why that happens for only that spell, when the same code works for all the other ones? Could it be bugged somehow?

If I attempt it while I already have the buff.
Rich (BB code):
((1144>10 && 6) || FALSE)

Actually that's the right result.

when you don't have it... the first two are both false... (hence the NULL)

Problem seems to be the Stacks thing.. False means that it doesn't stack with something you've got... or you've got the spell misspelled. (heh.. say spell misspelled alot!)
So that's your problem... it will only trigger if it hits that one /if statement in the 1 second before it drops... (spell duration is in deciseconds in MQ2 right? ) I do believe that it only registers in 6 second intervals anyway right? SO even then it won't trigger for that reason. So you need to find why .Stacks isn't working. Check some of your other spells... I forget the syntax for stacks with other spells, because I never use it... If you want, you can just take out the 2 |'s and the stacking check... That'll take care of the problem for now... but later may be a problem if it won't land because it doesn't stack... It'll try to cast it again every time.

Proper Use of MQ2Cast

Users who are viewing this thread

Back