• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Pricing items in bazaar for over 2 million plat? How do I do this? (1 Viewer)

mckonz

RedCents
110¢
I've seen items priced 2,238,000 plat for sale in the bazaar, usually Krono, but also other items like Ancient Cloak of Flames etc. How are they able to go over the max of 2 million. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Hello mckonz,

I doubt anyone is pricing it that high, the max limit is 2,147,483,647 copper pieces due to 32-bit code. You can go into your BZR_ToonName.ini file in your EQ folder and change the value to that value I just mentioned.

For example ItemID is 32323, then go into the ini file and find 32323 and change as follows:

32323=2147483647

if you don't wanna remember the exact sequence of numbers you can just type 9999999999999999999999999999999 (just make sure you have enough integers to cover all the digits in the price) and it'll convert it down to max baz price.

Nobles don't work in baz but they were supposed to be the "cure" for max baz price. Currently there's no way to get past the baz cap and hopefully there will be soon as kronos are approaching max price rather quickly in baz on some servers

heh or go the other way. enough folks refuse to pay insane prices, then the prices will have to come down =)

Sadly economies don't work like that. If 10 people picket the item and 1 person buys it, the efforts are wasted from the picketers.

The big issue is (and daybreak seems to notice too) is people can make too much plat with vendor trash items. I think this is why they cut down on vendor items dropping the last decade or so. If they kept up at the Classic > Kunark > Velious rate we'd be getting like 2k a kill =P

Daybreak will start losing money once kronos can't be sold in the baz. Not everyone wants to troll general for hours looking for them. Then and only then can I see them fixing the baz price cap. It's right around the corner though I would assume, on FV it isn't uncommon to see them at 2.1mil in baz

Nobles were added about 2 years ago to Everquest in a majorly flawed attempt to let people buy the mega expensive rares from the zone hopping vendor.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/nobles-a-new-alternate-currency-type.213610/

The biggest flaw is that there is a penalty for selling them, that is you pay a commission when you sell them back for plat each Noble costs around 110k to buy but sells back for 100k... such fail...

Zone hopping vendor that sells rare items?? Is that like the vendor that sells manastones or some shit periodically?? I've seen people call out what was on some rare vendor (does it change daily?) in general chat, but had no idea what they were talking about. It doesn't seem particularly applicable to me or how I play, anyway.

I could probably also benefit from figuring out the anchor thingie and the bigger, cooler guild halls. I'm in a normal guild hall, and my damn guild bank is full of bs. I need to figure out how to clean that shit out.

Yeah Nobles were meant for Marcia Attamilgad: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=47492

Anchors are fantastic, get them from the Loyalty vendor Alerynril the Loyal in POK: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=35557

You do need at least a Modest Guild Hall. I think it was around 10k pp to rent it for 5 years.

Your char has to be Silver or All-Access to place the anchor(just plop the anchor on the ground then can adjust it) .

If your account reverted to F2P you can still use the Transport Device if you placed the anchor.

Last edited:
Yeah Nobles were meant for Marcia Attamilgad: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=47492

Anchors are fantastic, get them from the Loyalty vendor Alerynril the Loyal in POK: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=35557

You do need at least a Modest Guild Hall. I think it was around 10k pp to rent it for 5 years.

Your char has to be Silver or All-Access to place the anchor(just plop the anchor on the ground then can adjust it) .

If your account reverted to F2P you can still use the Transport Device if you placed the anchor.

Do anchors work the same way as campfires? Can the anchor be placed anywhere in norrath? Or is this some weird neighborhood thing?

Anchors can only be placed in your own housing and custom guilds (Modest Guild Hall is the cheapest GH that will accept anchors).

So I place my anchors in the guild hall next to the NPC that sells the portal fragments and the portal device. Those were also placed when building up my guild hall.

Very handy for travel.

Anchors can only be placed in your own housing and custom guilds (Modest Guild Hall is the cheapest GH that will accept anchors).

So I place my anchors in the guild hall next to the NPC that sells the portal fragments and the portal device. Those were also placed when building up my guild hall.

Very handy for travel.

So, you can click some device from anywhere in norrath and it'll port you to your guild hall? Sorry for seeming like an idiot here... lol.

What macroquester said, you can have 2 personal anchors each with a 72 min cooldown each (not linked). Each costs 216 Loyalty points, get both!

If you are dru/wiz you get a 3rd guild hall specific anchor costs 432 Loyalty, which you can use by casting spell that comes in the guild hall anchor package and there is also an AA.

So you cast a Teleport Guild Hall anchor spell on your dru/wiz and everyone in the vicinity who is a member of your guild can accept and go to GH.

So, since you can only set anchors in housing and guild hall, the two personal anchors on 72 min cooldowns are basically either:

1) a port to your house, and a port to your GH
OR
2) two ports to either one of those places, but since you get two its effectively reducing the overall recast to 36 min.

Because it would seem like if you could anchor in other places the two personal anchors would be super awesome... anchor in sul vius and another next to a vendor! Or something like that. Or two next to a vendor and just /campfire back to your group. I guess you could anchor next to the merchant in guild hall for the purposes described above. I just bind myself near the one in lobby and call it good!

Nobles also have a unique ability, there is always a vendor somewhere in Norath where that vendor sells items that have been removed from the game in exchange for NOBLES. I know 2 people who got Pre-nerf Mana stones for Nobles. The vendor only has 1 RANDOM item at a time and not sure when it changes.

Is it possible to setup a buy-line as a buyer in the bazaar and obtain Nobles for Krono? I seem unable to choose Krono from my inventory, even if I pull it out of the normal Krono slot and put it into a bag. The dang buyer inventory window won't show Krono as an available "compensation item".

Any ideas here? Seems like if Nobles were the answer to the 2M plat max, that the devs would allow someone to sell Krono for Nobles.

/shrug

Fenny

Question - Pricing items in bazaar for over 2 million plat? How do I do this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back