• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Powerleveling (1 Viewer)

IamBigDaddy

RedCents
80¢
I want to powerlevel a 51 enc and a 52 war. Since I have a lot of 70 accounts I have a lot of options on how the quickest way to do it might me.

Is it better to just bring out a dru/brd and ds,buff,heal the 2 toons I want to PL or to group them with 4 70's and just kill as fast as I can mobs that are yel/red to the toons I want to PL.

With the 4 70's and 2 50+ killing in Fungus Grove I can do about 1 level in a 1-1.5 hours. When 6 boxing I am killing 60-80 mobs each hour. Hopefully this will speed up now that mq2 is back up...

IamBigDaddy said:
I want to powerlevel a 51 enc and a 52 war. Since I have a lot of 70 accounts I have a lot of options on how the quickest way to do it might me.

Is it better to just bring out a dru/brd and ds,buff,heal the 2 toons I want to PL or to group them with 4 70's and just kill as fast as I can mobs that are yel/red to the toons I want to PL.

With the 4 70's and 2 50+ killing in Fungus Grove I can do about 1 level in a 1-1.5 hours. When 6 boxing I am killing 60-80 mobs each hour. Hopefully this will speed up now that mq2 is back up...

At this level, I was taking my little warrior to Dranik's Scar. You need to have a decent Druid for this BTW.

Let your lowbies hang out on the wall between cave 1 and cave 2. Pull the 4 Noc in front of the caves and just let them beat on you. Have one of your lowbies do at least one point of damage to each of them and then throw your DS's on the druid and let the mobs die. After the noc's start clearing the caves 4 to 5 at a time. The larger rats (Plague, etc.) in the caves can also drop OoW augs.

This is an old druid strat for any zone, but seems to work especially well in Dranik's. With aa's like Wrath of the Wild and Convergance of Spirits, you can really fly through the mobs.

Last edited:
Yea my bsty and a wiz pl 50's in DS too. Good xp at that lvl. And we clear the cave area in 10-12 mins. Then we start pulling from over the hill till repops. check the gutfeaster spawn if you dont have that aug too.

For a little more clarification:

Just have the War and Enc in a grp alone with Dru outside the group casting ds and healing. Stack on any other ds I can for added damage (I know some Rng ds stack with Dru)

IamBigDaddy said:
For a little more clarification:

Just have the War and Enc in a grp alone with Dru outside the group casting ds and healing. Stack on any other ds I can for added damage (I know some Rng ds stack with Dru)

Yes, the Druid casts all her DS's on herself. For me that is about 75 per smack. I have good mitigation and avoidance aa's so your success with this will vary. If your druid is better, you could pull 6 if not quite as good as mine might want to pull 2 or 3 to start.

If you have a bard to group tih the druid that can help also with the added DS from him. The key is that either your Warrior or Enchanter must do at least one point of damage to all the mobs. This is why I prefer 4 at a time because I can keep straight which ones I have hit.

Also, when doing the nocs, you may want to ensure that both of the powerlevelled folks touch each noc to also gain a faction hit with the dragorns.

Usually just the druid healing herself will ensure that no aggro is taken by the level 50 person if it ends up taking them awhile to actually hit each one. Just make sure you don't taunt with the warrior and pull everything with snare in case things get a little out of control. Once you get the hang of it, you can vary the way you do the DS's.

In other words, your first time out I would suggest not putting the DS's (maybe could leave the self DS on since it only does about 20) on the druid until you have hit every mob with your warrior. This is because if the mob kills itself on the DS before your 50 guy hits him, the mob just poofs and no exp is given.

Do you think Enc Gravity Flux (AoE) spells would cause them to aggro on him?

If the Brd does Dot (AoE) on mob grp but does Fading Memories before the mobs die does the xp still go to the 50's?

If the War and Enc are group together then either can do the 1 pt of damage to mob?

Why is the faction hit important?

IamBigDaddy said:
Do you think Enc Gravity Flux (AoE) spells would cause them to aggro on him?

If the Brd does Dot (AoE) on mob grp but does Fading Memories before the mobs die does the xp still go to the 50's?

If the War and Enc are group together then either can do the 1 pt of damage to mob?

Why is the faction hit important?

I'm not sure about the aggro of AoE spells.. myself I wouldn't mess with it. I like to PL at my leaisure not tracking down aggro'ers on my 50's.

I don't think Bard Fading Memories loses damge to Mob. If you charmed it would work.

Either can do damage and both get exp.

The faction is for tier one OoW armor. It is not important if you don't plan on trying to get it.

In the end, there are many ways to speed up the way I do it, but I would submit that my way is safer and more constant over the long haul. It is very fast exp without much danger.

I personally use my bard out of group to PL alot of my alts. I simply DS the heck out of the Bard (lvl 66) and play AE snare/slow for agro. Whatever toon I want to PL just has to do 1 pt dmg to each mob. For non-ae type toons, I use a 3rd account and make a AE type toon to group with it and just ae till I hit each mob, targeting the bard. For melee types I use pet class with pet hold aa to raise skills while afk, or for casters, just cast low level spells endlessly to raise skills. Works pretty well for me.

Powerleveling

Users who are viewing this thread

Back