• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Strategy - Powerleveling...as a..melee? (1 Viewer)

Deadspirit

RedCents
321¢
I have simply come to the conclusion that a high dps class can out powerlevel any casting class hands down...and i have proof!

<All this was done using a level 80 rogue, 2100 aa, around 21.5k hp buffed>

I had a friend make a bard, and he leveled himself the good old fashioned way up to level 54. Why 54 do you ask? Because give the formula of what level you can group with, you have to be 54 to group with an 80. Ok cool. So what I did was I took Mr. Bard down to nadox and threw him into my group. I went down to where all the lugglads pop and pulled quite a huge train (probably about 50 mobs). Now what i did was i kited til they were all right next to eachother and had them come to me. I hit rogues fury, envenomed blades, and counter attack and they all died within 20 seconds. This got my bard to level 57, yes thats 3 levels in one pull. So counter-attack has a 30 minute repop timer on it so i just started pulling like 4 or 5 at a time while waiting for it to repop. 30 minutes later after just slaying everything around there the bard hit 59. Did another huge pull and he hit about 60.7. Pulled for another 30 minutes or so and got him to 62.

After 62 the xp started to get not so great in nadox. So I moved over to bastion of thunder. I took up the south camp and just started killing giants. After about an hour there i got him up to 65. Mind you this is all solo on a rogue so far, i mean the bard would get bored and cast a slow here and there but not really doing anything.

So after 65 i headed to the 2nd CY camp in PoFire. Started to get a little tricky there but it wasn't too bad. Chain pulled there for about 2.5 hours and he hit lvl 70.

After that I found a bored lower lvl cleric that was lfg (68 cleric) and headed over to the ruins of illsalin(sp?). I headed to the camp with that looks like an arena (Not sure what its called exactly) and started pullin all the undead there. With the cleric healing it really wasnt that hard...on those 2 or 3 pulls id just disc real quick and they'd the mobs would die pretty quickly. After about 3 hours there he was up to 75. That's where I stopped with him but id imagine about 4 or 5 more hours and he would have been, or close to level 80.

So there ya go, 54-75 in about 8 hours or so. Not bad for just using a rogue and a lower level cleric after level 70. Figure if you get a monk or a zerker with more frontal dps, would go a helluva lot quicker. Its still in the works but i'll get my melee PLing down to a science.

Oh and also, there is a way to get 1-15 or so in about 15ish minutes. I don't remember the whole thing but in Ro, there is a guy that gives a quest to kill some crocodiles near ocean shore, i think its like 15 or so. You can have the level 1 get into group with you, get the quest, you slay crocodiles (they're like level 10), and he gets reward. And no lockout on the quest so you can do it over and over. I know the first time you do you hit level 8 i believe. You could probably do it up to like 20 if you really wanted to.

hey yeh i am planning on doing a similar thing with my zerker alt but for aa, im about to hit 85 on my main, and i understand level 57 is the new low level for grouping at tht level? please correct me if im wrong, anyway how fast do you think the AA would go up useing this way?? zerker level 53 atm so alittle to go yet, ty in advance.

SK or ranger best plers in game, massive train velks with a DS and you can get 17-56 in 2 hours, once 56 go to postorms to get 60 then to PoFire.

Strategy - Powerleveling...as a..melee?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back