• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Plugin problems. (1 Viewer)

Marbury

RedCents
121¢
I downloaded the latest RedQuest, and tried loading MQ2PiggyZone and MQ2Rwarp, both giving me the error;

Plugin mq2rwarp could not be loaded.
Plugin mq2piggyzone could not be loaded.

So I unloaded MQ2, downloaded the Update fix that Jigs21 uploaded, and restarted MQ2. This still did not fix my problem. Does anyone know what my problem could be?

Sure, the plugins are not in the compiles. Those plugins are currently being worked on. We aren't releasing them in our compiles because they aren't safe.

Well, I thought it was fixed. I heard from a few friends on MMO that they have a working fix for it, and she has been using it for about 3 weeks and has not been banned.

DeadKittenOeia.jpg

MLPTSC has never, and will never send packets directly, as it is a function. MMO's safe warp is the same its been for the last 9 months. RG didn't use it when they made it or any time after, so why work on it now? Packet commands are 100% assurance of getting banned if not properly accounted for, but standard /warp commands that call MLPTSC simply do not work that way.

pms said:
MLPTSC has never, and will never send packets directly, as it is a function. MMO's safe warp is the same its been for the last 9 months. RG didn't use it when they made it or any time after, so why work on it now? Packet commands are 100% assurance of getting banned if not properly accounted for, but standard /warp commands that call MLPTSC simply do not work that way.
MMO's warp was changed to make it function properly. If you feel the need to run the old warp, by all means do so, but I do not recommend it.

This is just what I heard, that MMO had a working warp plugin, and I was curious to find out more. I won't use it, because it's not safe it enough at the time being. You guys can just drop the arguing, it's not that big of a deal. I don't care about the size of your e-penis.

Sorry I killed that kitten, but I don't like cats.

I still don't understand where the idea that method of altering the packets make warping safer came from exactly. Those very numbers that are being changed occur naturally in several situations...

Exactly my problem pms, thats why I've been trying to figure out how to be able to send packets from mq2 through eq and not crash....

Your problem is different than what I am talking about.

http://www.redguides.com/community/showthread.php?t=16675&highlight=tracking+packet

This is what I'm referring to. Everyone has the mindset that a 3 in your tracking packet means that you are being flagged as warping. But the 3 occurs when a mob summons you, it occurs when you are COH'd, and it occurs in some events when spells and event triggers port you to other locations.

So what I'm failing to understand is who originally said the 3 in the tracking packet is how they are tracking warping, and why everyone believes changing that is safe. There are cases where when you change it, you actually screw up your positioning serverside in which case I would believe that what you are doing is UNsafe.

I mention that here because apparently not being able to send packets to make the change is why RG has not released an updated rWarp yet, but RG has never used this method in the past 9-10 months that MMOB has been using it.

Personally I got away from using Sony's code to send warp packets first and foremost because you have no idea what flags might be hiding either before/after the packet is sent, but after the call that is being used. Beyond that at least in my pov it was faster to send a packet via mq2 than use mlptsc, especially when getting beat down by a mob :)

The mindset came from the idea that if you move from a long distance without a good reason the 3 in the tracking packet would flag you. Personally I don't know and I don't exactly agree with the reasoning, but the idea has been out there so long that it doesn't really matter.

Plugin problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back